Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign running back Knile Davis

Rookie

User Info Menu

Is he better than Fitz Toussaint? Yep.

Does he upgrade our KO returns? Yep.

Definitely no downside...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Back in early 2014, filling in for Jamaal Charles who had just suffered a high ankle sprain, Davis had back-to-back games in which he ran for 100+ yards, looking like he could have the talent to be the next big thing. Since then, though, his contributions have pretty much all been on special teams. He figures to be our primary kick returner and a regular ST contributor, but should only be our 3rd or 4th option at RB (sort of like how we utilize WR DHB). We still need to find our primary backup to Le'Veon, I would think. Deep RB class in the draft.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Signed RB knile Davis A

Busy Monday, we also signed Knile Davis. At least I heard of him, burried in KC backfield. Suppose to be a good KR, so that can be main reason and body to compete for 2nd/3rd RB ( Touss/Rookie)

In other news, Brady finds his jersey.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Back in early 2014, filling in for Jamaal Charles who had just suffered a high ankle sprain, Davis had back-to-back games in which he ran for 100+ yards, looking like he could have the talent to be the next big thing. Since then, though, his contributions have pretty much all been on special teams. He figures to be our primary kick returner and a regular ST contributor, but should only be our 3rd or 4th option at RB (sort of like how we utilize WR DHB). We still need to find our primary backup to Le'Veon, I would think. Deep RB class in the draft.
    Lots of good backs in this draft. If James Conner is there in the 4th would believe he would be a great fit for us. More quick then fast 4.63 or so but to spell Bell for say 6-10 touches and help on special teams. As long as he clears the medical and he should it's a great fit. The reason I'm waiting till round 4 is that I believe our first 4 picks all go to the other side of the ball.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Lots of good backs in this draft. If James Conner is there in the 4th would believe he would be a great fit for us. More quick then fast 4.63 or so but to spell Bell for say 6-10 touches and help on special teams. As long as he clears the medical and he should it's a great fit. The reason I'm waiting till round 4 is that I believe our first 4 picks all go to the other side of the ball.
    Isn't he the kid with Hodkin's lymphoma? I like him and he's a local kid too but he needs to address his medical issues before even thinking about playing football. Like the power he'd bring to us though.

Another kid to kinda watch is Jamaal Williams from Brigham Young. He's a local guy from here where I"m at. Has the size and wheels. Could be a good backup for Bell.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 03-20-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

.... camp fodder....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Isn't he the kid with Hodkin's lymphoma? I like him and he's a local kid too but he needs to address his medical issues before even thinking about playing football. Like the power he'd bring to us though.

Another kid to kinda watch is Jamaal Williams from Brigham Young. He's a local guy from here where I"m at. Has the size and wheels. Could be a good backup for Bell.
    Conner missed the 2015 season when he tore his MCL during the first game of the season. The Hodgkin's lymphoma was discovered while he was rehabbing the knee injury. He checked out cancer free that offseason, and was able to play the 2016 without any issue. Recent medical scans at the combine showed no cancer recurrence. He's good to go.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post

Address his issues? What? He played a full season 2016 and rushed for over 1000 yards with another 300+ in receiving.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    i watched him some in college (now, a few years back). I think he'll surprise peeps. He's no pro-bowler, but, certainly capable of being a backup on a good team.

Solid signing - as long as it isn't DeAngelo that's getting the boot for him - lol
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Conner hasn't played in quite awhile, he doesn't have much burst or shiftiness. His medical is a massive question mark. I love power runners but they are leaving the NFL by the way of the fullback. I just don't see it. Any round before 6-7 and I wouldn't touch it.
    Trolls are people too.