User Info Menu

Justin hunter

Drafted # 2 several years ago.
    Finished first year on IR
    Finished second year on IR
    Cut out of camp in his third year
    Signed by Miami and released
    Finished the year in Buffalo where he did nothing
    Sounds a lot like the other Justin we released- good athlete, but definitely not a Steeler
    Is this Colbert's idea of improving the team or just wanting to make a "splash" signing ????

Legend

User Info Menu

He has the traits to be a player, but has not been able to put it together. By no means is he guaranteed a spot on the roster. He'll be competing with the likes of Coates, DHB, and Hamilton in Latrobe. I doubt that much becomes of him, but it's worth the risk if someone with that amount of athletic ability at that size is finally able to put 2 and 2 together. If the light goes on for him...awesome. If not...no big deal, we move on. I'll take a minimal risk on a talented specimen and see what happens.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    Drafted # 2 several years ago.
    Finished first year on IR
    Finished second year on IR
    Cut out of camp in his third year
    Signed by Miami and released
    Finished the year in Buffalo where he did nothing
    Sounds a lot like the other Justin we released- good athlete, but definitely not a Steeler
    Is this Colbert's idea of improving the team or just wanting to make a "splash" signing ????
    but Colbert will look you square in the eye and tell you he's trying to compete with the Patriots.

Legend

User Info Menu

I love it. These are the types of signing that are low risk, high reward. 6'-4" with speed? Why not.

also have to remember who who was throwing the ball to him before he was hurt. If he doesn't have it, oh well... but if he does? Whew, this could be a nasty WR corps.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love how people act like signings such as this are meant to upgrade starting positions.
    When will people realize that a 1 yr signing at a low salary is nothing but filling the 75 man roster.
    Then hoping the player provides camp competition at least...or better yet can excel at some position on the field and provide depth.
    If not, the player gets cut and the team moves on.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I love how people act like signings such as this are meant to upgrade starting positions.
    When will people realize that a 1 yr signing at a low salary is nothing but filling the 75 man roster.
    Then hoping the player provides camp competition at least...or better yet can excel at some position on the field and provide depth.
    If not, the player gets cut and the team moves on.
    exactly... but some people on here have to scream THE PATS* once a day.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly... But some people on here have to scream the pats* once a day.
    but colbert will look you square in the eye and tell you he's trying to compete with the patriots!!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly... but some people on here have to scream THE PATS* once a day.
    Better then some fans who bury their head in the sand and deny the constant @ss whippings they take. But I get it; a rape victim who gets constantly raped becomes numb to the whole thing. Patriot rape has you numb.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 03-17-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wanted this guy the year he was drafted. He has the talent..just needs to fit. I like the signing.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Better then some fans who bury their head in the sand and deny the constant @ss whippings they take. But I get it; a rape victim who gets constantly raped becomes numb to the whole thing. Patriot rape has you numb.
    Jesus Christ...there have been some insensitive things posted on this site, but this is downright disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself. Seriously.