Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis on the Radar?

Legend

User Info Menu

Revis on the Radar?

Peter King just said on Mike and Mike that the Steelers are looking hard at Derrelle Revis. He had a miserable season last year, but does he have anything left?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

If the idea is a shorter contract at reasonable $$ with him moving to safety, I'd be OK with it (I think).

But, Revis (more than any other player I can think of) has been excellent at playing free agency to get maximum dollars out of teams. My guess is that someone will pay him more than he is worth...I'd prefer it not be us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    If the idea is a shorter contract at reasonable $$ with him moving to safety, I'd be OK with it (I think).

But, Revis (more than any other player I can think of) has been excellent at playing free agency to get maximum dollars out of teams. My guess is that someone will pay him more than he is worth...I'd prefer it not be us.
    Agreed. Steelers need to be judicious with their FA $$$$.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love the move, if Revis gave us a hometown discount. One, it would show his commitment to wanting to win. Two, I think he still has something left in the tank; I just think Corner is too much for an older guy (30+).

I think. Free Safety can rely a lot on guile and instincts, something he has in plenty.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Again, I read moving him to Safety. So I ask again, who is going to sit so you justify spending FA dollars? Mitchell? Davis?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Revis is washed up.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Revis is washed up.
    Wow...shows how stupid Colbert is if he offers Revis a contract. Revis is like a broke man in Las Vegas...DONE!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Again, I read moving him to Safety. So I ask again, who is going to sit so you justify spending FA dollars? Mitchell? Davis?
    If they truly are considering Revis, maybe they're not looking at "sitting" either Mitchell or Davis. Maybe they're thinking they would use Revis as a slot CB as well as at FS, in situational rotation ... the Steelers already have 5 dbs on the field a lot of the time; they may even have 6 on the field at times. Rather than Davis or Mitchell, it might be Gay, Golden or Dangerfield that get bumped off the field. If they think Revis would be better in coverage than Mitchell and Davis, they might be thinking they could bring him in at times to play more of a traditional FS role.

I'm not sure it wouldn't be better to try to pick up a pure FS and CB help in the draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well we do play a lot of big nickel and if he is still part corner as is Davis you could work it out.
    The real questions are was he hurt in 16 cause his tape for last year was awful. Next question is he willing to play on the cheap? Has never ever done that. Don't believe he is washed up but he will not be a "deal" by signing for a low number. Based on that we likely look somewhere else for a veteran db.

Legend

User Info Menu

Based on his awful tape at CB last year, the unknowns regarding whether or not he would be able to successfully convert to a safety, plus his offseason arrest in which two guys were apparently knocked unconscious, he's going to need to settle for a minor 1 year "prove it" type of deal. After years of making starting QB money, he's going to have to settle for backup DB money. If he has a desire to come home, maybe it will be here.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.