Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Think about this for a moment...

Legend

User Info Menu

With the talent we have on offense it makes no difference the play call, we'll score in the RZ.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i had to double check the date of this post. i was positive i read it last year or the year before or was it the year before that?
    I posted this year though and I'm a glass is 2/3rds full kinda guy. I literally see endless scoring from this offense if we stay healthy and drug free
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

I totally agree with OP. The problem is football fans have incredibly short memories. Just like how people going into 2016 were saying that Brown was our best offensive player not named Ben because of Bell being hurt most of 2015, people seemed to have also forgotten how awesome our passing game is when teams can't just double team Brown all game. No matter how butthurt some of you still are over the AFCC, this team has done progressively better year after year the last four years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnjerm3000 View Post
    I totally agree with OP. The problem is football fans have incredibly short memories. Just like how people going into 2016 were saying that Brown was our best offensive player not named Ben because of Bell being hurt most of 2015, people seemed to have also forgotten how awesome our passing game is when teams can't just double team Brown all game. No matter how butthurt some of you still are over the AFCC, this team has done progressively better year after year the last four years.
    I like this guy....Listen to him, he knows his stuff. Probably has a high football IQ.....
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnjerm3000 View Post
    I was trying to figure out how I could objectively measure 'progressively better'. The problem is the target is always moving. Other teams are also getting progressively better. If you look at point differential per game, which should factor in offense and defensive performance there was actually a big step backward last season. Meanwhile NE has been on an uptrend with no sign of decline. So while I want to be positive, people keep bringing up the dream scenarios that just haven't happened consistently. All teams need to deal with adversity, just seems that Steelers struggle to do it quickly, and especially within game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I was trying to figure out how I could objectively measure 'progressively better'. The problem is the target is always moving. Other teams are also getting progressively better. If you look at point differential per game, which should factor in offense and defensive performance there was actually a big step backward last season. Meanwhile NE has been on an uptrend with no sign of decline. So while I want to be positive, people keep bringing up the dream scenarios that just haven't happened consistently. All teams need to deal with adversity, just seems that Steelers struggle to do it quickly, and especially within game.
    exactly. all teams had injuries to key players, all teams will participate in the draft and all teams will be active in FA(some actually acquiring studs), while our young defense should improve and our young wr and rb should improve(if he stays clean and doesnt leave), our qb is in the decline tho and the wait for the defense and young skill guys to step up may be too late for our qb.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

... All teams need to deal with adversity, just seems that Steelers struggle to do it quickly, and especially within game.

+1
    I'm truly mystified how bad the Steelers seem to be at that. It doesn't even appear that they're just bad art making in-game adjustments, it looks like they're completely unfamiliar with the concept and therefore didn't even address it.

Since that can't be the case ... how can they possibly be so bad at doing that?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    exactly. all teams had injuries to key players, all teams will participate in the draft and all teams will be active in FA(some actually acquiring studs), while our young defense should improve and our young wr and rb should improve(if he stays clean and doesnt leave), our qb is in the decline tho and the wait for the defense and young skill guys to step up may be too late for our qb.
    Your post and Northcoast's seem really insightful. Summary: we thought we looked pretty hot going into this last season also, at least on offense, and look how many RZ FGs we had to kick, how many games we lost with hardly any points on the board ... With some exceptions, it's hard to predict how any season is going to go, IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

How to measure progressively better?

2013 - barely missed playoffs
    2014 - made playoffs, but one-and-done
    2015 - advanced to divisional round
    2016 - advanced to AFC Championship game

The goalposts don't move...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    How to measure progressively better?

2013 - barely missed playoffs
    2014 - made playoffs, but one-and-done
    2015 - advanced to divisional round
    2016 - advanced to AFC Championship game

The goalposts don't move...

Well put, Mr. Slap!