Thread: Game Tape/Film

Legend

User Info Menu

Game Tape/Film

As the draft approaches, I see where more and more posters on here are talking about watching game tape/film. Do you guys have access to real tape/film or are you just watching youtube clips?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

People ask this every year almost with a smart #%% tone. When film is mentioned from myself I'm referring to actual full games of play. There is a site where draft prospects are highlighted and you can watch them on every play. My process in the off season with player assessment is to read many scouting opinions, sleeper discussions, look at many mock drafts. I then will screen with some YouTube clips to see if anything catches my eye for further assessment. Once my list is narrowed down I go to the aforementioned site and look at full games of these players if available. With some smaller school guys, lower rates guys they might not be available. But you can find full game film on players. But no, I doubt anyone here actually sits in an actual film room with a projector and assesses players
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    People ask this every year almost with a smart #%% tone. When film is mentioned from myself I'm referring to actual full games of play. There is a site where draft prospects are highlighted and you can watch them on every play. My process in the off season with player assessment is to read many scouting opinions, sleeper discussions, look at many mock drafts. I then will screen with some YouTube clips to see if anything catches my eye for further assessment. Once my list is narrowed down I go to the aforementioned site and look at full games of these players if available. With some smaller school guys, lower rates guys they might not be available. But you can find full game film on players. But no, I doubt anyone here actually sits in an actual film room with a projector and assesses players
    You mean you don't watch the all-22? Shawn...we are all appalled.

Legend

User Info Menu

whoa, lets not get all defensive.
    can you provide us with that site?
    thanks

Legend

User Info Menu

Most players can be found on youtube and I'm not talking highlights. Say you want to watch Tim Williams. In the youtube search type "Tim Williams vs" without quotations. There you'll find every play Tim Williams was in on vs several different teams. Surely ppl don't mean highlights when speaking of "film"....

Example here:

Last edited by SteelCrazy; 02-22-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    whoa, lets not get all defensive.
    can you provide us with that site?
    thanks
    No, I hope that helps.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    You mean you don't watch the all-22? Shawn...we are all appalled.
    as well you should be. I'm deeply ashamed myself.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Most players can be found on youtube and I'm not talking highlights. Say you want to watch Tim Williams. In the youtube search type "Tim Williams vs" without quotations. There you'll find every play Tim Williams was in on vs several different teams. Surely ppl don't mean highlights when speaking of "film"....

Example here:

awesome, thanks for the info

Legend

User Info Menu

You all are no fun.

http://draftbreakdown.com/
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

You all are no fun.

http://draftbreakdown.com/
    Yea, I kinda missed it and posted it before I saw what u were doing...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S