Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noah Brown-the Next Hines Ward

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Noah Brown won't last that long. He is a third round talent only because JT Barrett is awful, and Curtis Samuels is a phenom. IMO, in a different offense Brown is a high to middle second round talent.
    If, as you point out, Brown is inexperienced, doesn't have a lot of game tape, AND ends up timing 4.6 in the 40 yard dash, how does that vault him into round 3? I'm honestly not being snarky, because I agree with most of what you stated...I like Brown a lot and I feel he was underutilized at tOSU. I would love for the Steelers to draft him...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't take it as snarky. It's a legit question. I don't know it will put him in the third. It's a gross estimate. But, I've looked at a lot of WRs over the years and Noah's skill set, just his athletic ability size hands and physicality will place him higher than his lack of experience and 40 time might indicate. I would be utterly shocked if he makes it out of the third. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again. Guess we can revisit this after the draft. I was wrong about the round with Vonn Bell last year but the Saints got an immediate starter with Bell.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's funny because if everything works out, we have a pretty great group at WR. But, if everything goes bad we have Brown / Rogers / Ayers
    Yup, we conceivably have a a smurf WR corps if that pothead Bryant can't get back on the field. Yet if he does, this is the best WR corps in the league and, if they both (AB and Bryant) play like they're capable--the best corps of WR ever! Yes, it is a very bold statement.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.