Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what frustrates me now...

Banned

User Info Menu

Here's what frustrates me now...

Is that I know that Colbert and Tomlin sat at home; watched that game and are not going to do a damn thing different. They are going to go out and NOT sign a veteran corner who can play bump and run.

They are NOT going go out and add a veteran WR to help stablize the WR corps and also apeze our aging QB.

Tomlin isn't going to learn to stop playing primary zone defenses on Brady.

They are going to do the same crap that won't work against the Patriots and then look all of us squarely in the face and tell us they are trying to win.

**You are not trying to win if you play a zone based defense against Brady.
    **You are not trying to win if you have a terrible secondary against Brady.
    **You are not trying to win if you have only ONE reliable WR against the Patriots
    **You are not trying to win if you have no pass rush against the Patriots.

I challenge any reporter to open ask Mike Tomlin at the team's opening season press conference, " So, since the Patriots are your chief rival, what are you doing to close the gap against the Patriots?"

And to also ask Tomlin, " So, are you still going to run a zone based defense against Brady?"

If Tomlin says he is going to still run a zone based defense against Brady, we can all just go mow the lawn or something because it's just another @ss whipping for us.

We need to hold the management accountable on what will they be doing different against the Patriots!! Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

You wont be holding anyone accountable but your points are well taken. I don't disagree with any of it other than WR. As long as Bryant comes back I'm ok with our WR crew.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Is that I know that Colbert and Tomlin sat at home; watched that game and are not going to do a damn thing different. They are going to go out and NOT sign a veteran corner who can play bump and run.

They are NOT going go out and add a veteran WR to help stablize the WR corps and also apeze our aging QB.

Tomlin isn't going to learn to stop playing primary zone defenses on Brady.

They are going to do the same crap that won't work against the Patriots and then look all of us squarely in the face and tell us they are trying to win.

**You are not trying to win if you play a zone based defense against Brady.
    **You are not trying to win if you have a terrible secondary against Brady.
    **You are not trying to win if you have only ONE reliable WR against the Patriots
    **You are not trying to win if you have no pass rush against the Patriots.

I challenge any reporter to open ask Mike Tomlin at the team's opening season press conference, " So, since the Patriots are your chief rival, what are you doing to close the gap against the Patriots?"

And to also ask Tomlin, " So, are you still going to run a zone based defense against Brady?"

If Tomlin says he is going to still run a zone based defense against Brady, we can all just go mow the lawn or something because it's just another @ss whipping for us.

We need to hold the management accountable on what will they be doing different against the Patriots!! Period.
    Since you can read Tomin and Colberts minds you must be a close personal friend. Can you get some free tickets

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think he has to read their minds. Based on history, he is correct. The standard is the standard, and that standard is to play soft zone against the Pats and not do much in FA.
    Trolls are people too.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Since you can read Tomin and Colberts minds you must be a close personal friend. Can you get some free tickets
    Look at their history. Based on that, why should I expect anything different?

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You wont be holding anyone accountable but your points are well taken. I don't disagree with any of it other than WR. As long as Bryant comes back I'm ok with our WR crew.
    I think of how Elway came and took dead aim at the Patriots. he brought in Ware to upgrade the pass rush, got Manning. Etc, etc.

But he took dead aim at the Patriots and what did it do? It made the Patriots also rans for 3 out of 4 years; going to three Super Bowls. And Elway is not as experienced as Colbert at the GM position. So why can't we do the same? Take dead aim at the Patriots too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think of how Elway came and took dead aim at the Patriots. he brought in Ware to upgrade the pass rush, got Manning. Etc, etc.

But he took dead aim at the Patriots and what did it do? It made the Patriots also rans for 3 out of 4 years; going to three Super Bowls. And Elway is not as experienced as Colbert at the GM position. So why can't we do the same? Take dead aim at the Patriots too.
    I agree 100%. We need to build this team in this offseason to beat the Pats. Our window is closing and closing fast.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

relax. afc north titles are good enough. maybe a playoff win here and there.
    dont expect more unless brady retires or gets a season ending injury.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

This is probably correct. As we have seen, these Patriots are hard to beat. Even if we do all those things you want there is still no guarantee we beat the Pats. I'm on record already, I put my hopes on someone else beating the Pats next year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's your answer direct from Keith butler.

"It’s always the same formula,” Butler said before the Patriots game. “We smash the run, try to put them in position to throw the ball and try to put pressure on Brady.”

so even though Brady destroys us - it's comforting to know there's are no plans to change anything........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!