Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryant's Contract

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bryant's Contract

Can someone answer me this:
    I'm assuming Bryant signed a 4 yr. deal coming into the league.
    Since he was suspended an entire year can we assume he will be playing his 3rd year of his rookie contract in 2017??
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Since he was suspended an entire year can we assume he will be playing his 3rd year of his rookie contract in 2017??
    Yes and yes.

JACK RAMSAY FROM CINCINNATI, OH:
    Assuming Martavis Bryant is reinstated this year [2017], how many more years will the Steelers control his contract?

ANSWER: I have answered this one a bunch of times already, but since his official application for reinstatement is something of a mile marker in the process, I’ll do it again. As a fourth-round draft pick in 2014, Martavis Bryant signed the standard four-year rookie contract, which bound him to the team through the 2017 season. Since he was suspended for all of 2016, that contract now binds him to the team through the 2018 season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    yup, he has 2 more seasons to try to get kicked out of the league for good.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

squidkid---tomlins playoff record with mostly cowhers players 5-2 (first 4 years)
    with mostly his own 3-4 (last 6 years)
    averaging 1 1/4 win per year and a 1/2 a loss per year with cowhers guys
    averaging 1/2 win per year and 3/4 losses per year with his own....
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

These were never Cowhers players and Tomlin doesn't have any players he picked. See, the way it works is, a General Manager; one per team, has a job to do for each organization. They pick players through free agency, the draft, off the street, or trade. They make up a team of 90 men. Then, listen now because this is important, the coach widdles it down to 53.

Tomlin probably puts in his 2 cents pre-draft, but ultimately its up to Colbert to field that 90 man team and make the ever important draft picks.

I'm glad I could clear things up.....
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    squidkid---tomlins playoff record with mostly cowhers players 5-2 (first 4 years)
    with mostly his own 3-4 (last 6 years)
    averaging 1 1/4 win per year and a 1/2 a loss per year with cowhers guys
    averaging 1/2 win per year and 3/4 losses per year with his own....
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

These were never Cowhers players and Tomlin doesn't have any players he picked. See, the way it works is, a General Manager; one per team, has a job to do for each organization. They pick players through free agency, the draft, off the street, or trade. They make up a team of 90 men. Then, listen now because this is important, the coach widdles it down to 53.

Tomlin probably puts in his 2 cents pre-draft, but ultimately its up to Colbert to field that 90 man team and make the ever important draft picks.

I'm glad I could clear things up.....
    so tomlin's playoff record with colberts players (that cowher put in his 2 cents) is 5-2 and with colberts players(that tomlin put in his 2 cents) he is 3-4?
    ...........so now tomlin doesnt draft his players, doesnt hire or fire his OC' or DC's.....cool, thanks.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Who said anything about dc or oc? I don't think Tomlin is a great coach, but Cowher wasn't either imo. I see a lot of similarities especially their failures vs the Pats*
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Who said anything about dc or oc? I don't think Tomlin is a great coach, but Cowher wasn't either imo. I see a lot of similarities especially their failures vs the Pats*
    Why limit it to Tomlin and Cowher? BB has laid waste to most of the NFL coaches in the league in the last decade.

Legend

User Info Menu

Neither one are/were great coaches IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Why limit it to Tomlin and Cowher? BB has laid waste to most of the NFL coaches in the league in the last decade.
    Because we're not on the entire NFL forum... its a Steelers forum and for some reason I thought everyone knew.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

Because we're not on the entire NFL forum... its a Steelers forum and for some reason I thought everyone knew.
    So, the only other team people are allowed to post about is the Pats**?

That'll make this an awesome forum...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.