Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have we thrown any TD's in the endzone from inside the 10?

Legend

User Info Menu

Have we thrown any TD's in the endzone from inside the 10?

closest I can remember is the Dallas game but that was a trick play and from the 15.

I know we had the Baltimore stretch but that was thrown short of the GL. Just wondering if anyone can remember a TD "in" the endzone because I can't and I think that's a major problem when it comes to our RZ offense.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtboDwKpMA

I counted 10 in the regular season, none in the post season:
    Coates against Redskins

DW Against the Bungles

Brown against KC

Jessie against KC

Jessie against Jets

AB against Jets

Coates against Jets

Bell against Dallas

Eli Rogers against Dallas

Bell against Rats

EDIT: I just realized that you meant a TD from inside the 10 thrown into the EZ without YAC. I just counted TD's from inside the 10. Some of them were run into the EZ.
    Last edited by Eich; 01-30-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtboDwKpMA

I counted 10 in the regular season, none in the post season:
    Coates against Redskins

DW Against the Bungles

Brown against KC

Jessie against KC

Jessie against Jets

AB against Jets

Coates against Jets

Bell against Dallas

Eli Rogers against Dallas

Bell against Rats

EDIT: I just realized that you meant a TD from inside the 10 thrown into the EZ without YAC. I just counted TD's from inside the 10. Some of them were run into the EZ.
    correct. I don't mind TD's caught before the GL but was wondering if that's the issue with our RZ offense. Seems like we struggle to get open in the EZ. We also struggled with 2 or conversions a year after being the best in the league.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

We had one awful game against Dallas going 0 for 4 on 2 point tries (the Cowboys were also 0 for 2 on 2 point attempts in that game as well...weird game).

Other than that one odd game (that we would have won if our D didn't all a game winning TD drive that started with 42 seconds on the clock), we were 11 for 16 on all other 2 point tries over the last 2 seasons.

I still like going for 2 if we score a TD first, and then play it situationally thereafter.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We had one awful game against Dallas going 0 for 4 on 2 point tries (the Cowboys were also 0 for 2 on 2 point attempts in that game as well...weird game).

Other than that one odd game (that we would have won if our D didn't all a game winning TD drive that started with 42 seconds on the clock), we were 11 for 16 on all other 2 point tries over the last 2 seasons.

I still like going for 2 if we score a TD first, and then play it situationally thereafter.
    we were 8 of 11 in 2015.

So so that means we were awful this year. Which makes my point. Our passing game is garbage in close range. I prefer we don't try to pass when inside the 10 or at least not intot he endzone until we get some new plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

8 of 11 is 72%

If we 11 of 20 is 55%. Regression to mean should be expected after having a standout year, however still being better than 50% is not terrible. I agree with your premise that perhaps the playcalling down there could use a refresh.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It can use a Bryant even as only a decoy will open this up. Was Hamilton in the EZ a 2 point conversion? Was that with Landry also? Brain is foggy and I am not going looking. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    8 of 11 is 72%

If we 11 of 20 is 55%. Regression to mean should be expected after having a standout year, however still being better than 50% is not terrible. I agree with your premise that perhaps the playcalling down there could use a refresh.
    I think we were so good in 2015 because it was a new rule and teams weren't prepared for us. Last year it looked like teams were ready and we looked lost out there on most 2 pt conversions.

Part of the problem is WR's ran their route then stopped moving. Seemed like our WR's aren't used to finding open space in the EZ once a play breaks down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Including the Dallas game, if we were 8-11 last year, that makes us 3 for 9 this year? Is that right? (Math is not my strong suit).

The OP's point is well taken - the Steelers need to find a weapon to score when they get in close. Given his size, it's obviously not AB's strength. Getting back one of Bryant or Ladarious Green should help, but this is an area that needs improvement.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Including the Dallas game, if we were 8-11 last year, that makes us 3 for 9 this year? Is that right? (Math is not my strong suit).

The OP's point is well taken - the Steelers need to find a weapon to score when they get in close. Given his size, it's obviously not AB's strength. Getting back one of Bryant or Ladarious Green should help, but this is an area that needs improvement.
    I don't think it's size... it's routes and decision making. We don't run picks that much, we rarely seem to run double moves or use Jesse James or Gimble in play action.

I have no faith in Green coming back or being a dependable weapon.