Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Davis hit to the head

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diamondlucy View Post
    Your argument is ridiculous, and wrong. If you don't think Goodell has it out for us when it comes to fines then there is no hope for you.
    ok, thank you for sharing your opinion...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    ok, thank you for sharing your opinion...

Just saying you are living in denile if you think that Goodell does not treat our players differently when it comes to fines. I mean you want another example. Sean Davis did not INTENTIONALLY look to hit Cooney in the head. It was a plain as you can see Bang-Bang play. Now was it worth a penalty ?..Yes A fine ?...In my opinion No. But okay he got one, over 24,000 dollars.

Now look at the Hit that Clowney did on NFL " Golden Boy " Tom Brady. It was NOT a Bang-bang play. Clowney clearly shoved Brady to the turf 2 seconds after the play. The Ref gave him a unsportsman like penalty..and the league fined him....8,000 LESS then Davis. Now how the hell do you justify that ? A totally UNINTENTIONAL Bang-bang play by Davis. As opposed to a DELIBERATE Throw down of the Leagues Golden Boy QB ????

Please sir...don't Insult my, or everyone here's Intelligence.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just saying you are living in denile if you think that Goodell does not treat our players differently when it comes to fines. I mean you want another example. Sean Davis did not INTENTIONALLY look to hit Cooney in the head. It was a plain as you can see Bang-Bang play. Now was it worth a penalty ?..Yes A fine ?...In my opinion No. But okay he got one, over 24,000 dollars.

Now look at the Hit that Clowney did on NFL " Golden Boy " Tom Brady. It was NOT a Bang-bang play. Clowney clearly shoved Brady to the turf 2 seconds after the play. The Ref gave him a unsportsman like penalty..and the league fined him....8,000 LESS then Davis. Now how the hell do you justify that ? A totally UNINTENTIONAL Bang-bang play by Davis. As opposed to a DELIBERATE Throw down of the Leagues Golden Boy QB ????

You sound ridiculous, man. The penalties are different. There is schedule for such things.

://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/

Fines for Spearing, Impermissible Use of the Helmet (including illegal launching), or Hit on Defenseless Player are automatically $24,309 for a first offense.

The fine for Roughing the Passer is automatically $18,231 for a first offense.

Take off the tin foil hat, man.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL has the rule clearly posted, they also have the fines clearly posted for breaking the rule. The minimum fine for "Hit on a defenseless receiver" is 24,309, that's what Davis did and that's what Davis got, I don't see the conspiracy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Davis' is the wrong fine to quibble about...

The example you should use is Eli Rogers' garbage fine for a blindside block when a Dolphins player did the exact same block one week prior and wasn't fined...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lmao.. people need to stop with the idea NFL is out to get us. Damn near every other fan base claims we get help from the officials. Trust me, everyone thinks their team doesn't get fair treatment.. even the cheaters.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lmao.. people need to stop with the idea NFL is out to get us. Damn near every other fan base claims we get help from the officials. Trust me, everyone thinks their team doesn't get fair treatment.. even the cheaters.
    You're right, but those other fans are clearly delusional...not like us...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Look, whether I am delusional ( Not out of the question ) or not. Bottom line is this whole topic is not important. What is important is our present game tomorrow. I say SCREW the fines and what not. Lets gets some good Steeler Karma going for what lies ahead.

Legend

User Info Menu

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/201...ayer-off-pile/

Patriots Eric Rowe was fined $12,154 for unsportsmanlike conduct penalty vs Texans. Jadeveon Clowney was fined $18,231 for late hit on Brady

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone willing to help crowd fund one or two early 1st qrtr roughing the passer calls on Brady**?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!