Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Davis hit to the head

Legend

User Info Menu

The Davis hit to the head

I was just curious on everyone's thoughts?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just re watched it a few times. Although it was helmet to helmet what else could Davis do?
    It was so bang-bang only other thing is to let the receiver catch it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish he held up a fraction of a second and snatched the ball but he was committed at that point. I wished he was a little lower on the hit but it's hard to separate someone from the ball that way.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

No matter what we think...Goodell will fine Davis. Anyone disagree ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't feel he led with the helmet though, and led with the shoulder instead. Unfortunately his helmet made contact with the Chiefs player's helmet. I still think it was the correct call by the letter of the law, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I don't think he could have done anything else and at this point the only thing the NFL can do to reduce/eliminate those types of concussions is to not allow any hits over the middle anymore. If you touch the WR when he catches it over the middle like that he is down. That is stupidly ridiculous, but I don't see any other options if the NFL truly took this seriously (which I don't think they do).
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    I didn't feel he led with the helmet though, and led with the shoulder instead. Unfortunately his helmet made contact with the Chiefs player's helmet. I still think it was the correct call by the letter of the law, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I don't think he could have done anything else and at this point the only thing the NFL can do to reduce/eliminate those types of concussions is to not allow any hits over the middle anymore. If you touch the WR when he catches it over the middle like that he is down. That is stupidly ridiculous, but I don't see any other options if the NFL truly took this seriously (which I don't think they do).
    I also thought that he led with the shoulder. Under the letter of the law, yeah, I get that it's a penalty, but as you've said, what else is he supposed to do?

I thought he went low, but unfortunately, the WR also went low.

Legend

User Info Menu

I suppose he could had played for the ball instead of going for a big hit. It's a split second decision so....

Legend

User Info Menu

It's a tough play for a defender when everything is so fast, but the NFL has said that it's the D's fault no matter what.

Thought it was a legit penalty. Just like the holding call.

Legend

User Info Menu

Definitely don't think it was intentional, but unfortunately it had to be called. Given the lack of intent though, it should have been less of a penalty than Kelce got for intentionally shoving Bob Ross Cockrell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's a tough play for a defender when everything is so fast, but the NFL has said that it's the D's fault no matter what.

Thought it was a legit penalty. Just like the holding call.
    Exactly man. You can't be a hypocrite. The Davis hit was a flag, flat-out. You can quibble about it if you want, but then you're saying that the Fisher hold is debatable. I personally think the Davis hit was more obvious than the Fisher hold. In that play, it is just so hard for a Tackle to not let his hands go there when you are blocking a fire hydrant like Harrison.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.