Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Martavis Bryant Update

Legend

User Info Menu

Martavis Bryant Update

http://www.si.com/nfl/video/2017/01/...-super-bowl-51

As Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers make a run toward the Super Bowl, wide receiver Martavis Bryant reflects on a year lost to suspension for drug use.

There's a video on the website link
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

I consider addicts my crazy tribe. I get them, and they get me. I believe in 100th chances if someone needs it. With that said, the NFL doesn't see it that way. Society doesn't see it that way. That's reality. I don't believe Bryant is a bad person, an idiot, a moron, or a man defunct of moral values. I'm frustrated with his actions. He was afforded an opportunity for rehab in Texas, and by his own admission didn't take it seriously.

I want to believe him. But, frankly that faith isn't something that comes from words but actions. It's not what you say but what you do. Bryant will get his last chance from the Steelers orgnanization, fans and the NFL. I believe he is done as a football player if he picks up another joint.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

With legalization in more and more states, I doubt that marijuana remains on the NFL list of banned substances for much longer. It's a safer means of pain management therapy for the players during the week than popping multiple narcotic pain pills or getting regular painkilling injections, resulting in an even greater degree of chemical dependency and potential long term internal organ damage.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Had the Steelers had both Bell and Bryant for all 16 games this season I'm thinking that the Steelers would have finished 14-2 at the absolute worst.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actions speak louder than words. Like I said before if we are talking about Bryant playing at this time next year I'll sing his praises. However IMO that is 50/50 at best.

As far as legalization I could be a compromise where players can smoke dope in the off season but not when the NFL is playing. I understand that this is counter to the "pain killer" benefits argument but as long as it is illegal in any states where the NFL has a franchise I don't see the NFL accepting it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Had the Steelers had both Bell and Bryant for all 16 games this season I'm thinking that the Steelers would have finished 14-2 at the absolute worst.
    ...or Bell would have been injured again and missed the playoffs again

Legend

User Info Menu

Does the NFL have a federal tax break, something about some adjustment to its for profit vs. non-profit status?

If so, I can't see them allowing players to play with a positive marijuana test as long as there are federal laws on the books against marijuana use.

One option would be to simply not test for marijuana. But I'm pretty sure I don't want players smoking during the season (since some reports show dulled reflexes, cognition even when not having smoked for days), so I don't know how I feel about that option either.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Does the NFL have a federal tax break, something about some adjustment to its for profit vs. non-profit status?

If so, I can't see them allowing players to play with a positive marijuana test as long as there are federal laws on the books against marijuana use.

One option would be to simply not test for marijuana. But I'm pretty sure I don't want players smoking during the season (since some reports show dulled reflexes, cognition even when not having smoked for days), so I don't know how I feel about that option either.
    pretty sure Bell was playing blazed before he got busted.

If a cop can smell weed a few cars back then I'm sure coaches and players smell it when they enter the locker room.

Ryan Clark said a lot of players smoke and know when they test. Only the idiots get caught. I wouldn't be surprised if team officials let players know when to stop.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

i think the nfl should allow these guys to use whatever they want. if they want to pollute theirs bodies with hgh, horse steroids, cocaine, vicodin, battery acid, who gives a sh!t. if they want to do it, knock themselves out. just entertain me on game day. if they die early, get hurt, get addicted, fall apart physically/mentally, etc, so what.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm looking forward to Bryant's return next year, AB approves this message.

Pappy

1.20 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Jeremiah Trotter, LB, Clemson
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Delmar Glaze, OT, Maryland
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Thomas Harper, S, Notre Dame

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount