2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So are they saying that Hill is barely faster than an old, fat white QB? He may need to train a bit more.

Legend

User Info Menu

I laughed.. I watched but didn't listen to the audio.

why the hell are they comparing a QB to a returner?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Lawrence Timmons on Tyreek Hill: Have to stop him before he starts
    Posted by Michael David Smith on January 13, 2017, 8:10 AM EST

Steelers linebacker Lawrence Timmons says the key to stopping the speedy Chiefs playmaker Tyreek Hill is never to let him reach top speed.

Timmons said this morning on PFT Live that the Steelers have discussed the importance of hitting Hill immediately when he gets the ball, before he has a chance to get into the open field and get up to full speed.

“It’s real important for that guy not to get in space,” Timmons said. “We have to stop him before he gets going. He’s the fastest man on the field. The guy’s got 4.2 speed. That’s a lot to handle in itself right there, so we’ve got to play team defense and keep a cap on him.”

Timmons and his teammates are hoping to gang tackle Hill with good, clean hits.

“We have to of course play clean, but we have to rally to the ball, have three or four guys at the ball, and just play with that attitude the whole game,” Timmons said.

Whether the Steelers can do that may determine whether they get to the AFC Championship Game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/lawrence-timmons-on-tyreek-hill-have-to-stop-him-before-he-starts/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

All respect to Timmons but as fast as Hill is, he is not a 4.2 guy. His only recorded time was at his own college pro day...hand held was at 4.29..and those hand times are usually not as fast as they say. And Hill never was timed at the combine on their more accurate electric time. But like any fast player...you always wanna get to them before they can get a few open steps. So that is not necessarily a breaking story.

Legend

User Info Menu

Guy is like a waterbug

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No way in smack can Roethlisberger run an 11.88 100 yard sprint. Maybe 16 seconds.