Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Day - will Green participate fully in practice?

Legend

User Info Menu

Big Day - will Green participate fully in practice?

Potential game changer for Sunday.

If he never plays another down for us because of headaches, I wonder if the Rooneys think he was still worth $4MM (?). Can it be said the few catches he made were necessary for us to get into the playoffs?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Potential game changer for Sunday.

If he never plays another down for us because of headaches, I wonder if the Rooneys think he was still worth $4MM (?). Can it be said the few catches he made were necessary for us to get into the playoffs?

No, he hasn't made any catches worth 4 mill. He had one solid game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No, he hasn't made any catches worth 4 mill. He had one solid game.
    He can make $4 million worth of catches in the Divisional Playoffs, AFC Championship, and the Super Bowl! Let's do this!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lets not be fooled.....James has worked out nicely and his blocking skills are surprisingly very good.
    BUT right now KC and NE aren't worried about him. GREEN is a huge need in the passing game.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Lets not be fooled.....James has worked out nicely and his blocking skills are surprisingly very good.
    BUT right now KC and NE aren't worried about him. GREEN is a huge need in the passing game.
    Well that's good, that's how you get open as a TE. I hope they ignore James until the off season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers say Ladarius Green remains in concussion protocol

Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green is still in the concussion protocol, head coach Mike Tomlin said.
    What It Means: It looked like Green was on track to return last week after getting in two full practices, but Tomlin wound up holding him out Friday after stating the team didn't get the results they hoped for from a post-practice test. We don't plan on knowing about Green's status until Friday at the earliest, but it's possible he gets cleared in time for Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs.
    Green's Reception Net Expected Points per target ranked fifth among the 43 tight ends to receive at least 30 targets this year.
    Source: Rotoworld.com (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7568/ladarius-green)

written by Josh Levinson (http://www.numberfire.com/author/josh-levinson) on Tuesday, January 10th, 2017 at 12:29pm EDT

It's not 100% clear to me that this refers to Green being held out of practice today, as it says it was filed just a bit after noon today, but it kind of reads like it does - that Green was held out of practice today.

Anyone have any confirmation one way or another?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Starter

User Info Menu

If he is cleared, then he will participate, provided he gets an opportunity in some form or fashion to prepare. If he doesn’t, he won’t.”Mike Tomlin Sounds to me like he didn't

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure that Tuesdays are typically a players' day off...they probably won't install a game plan until the Wednesday practice...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Tuesdays are typically a players' day off...they probably won't install a game plan until the Wednesday practice...
    $$$$$
    If Green doesn't practice by Thursday, it's unlikely he will play vs. the Chefs, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

AFC Divisional Playoff Injury Report (Chiefs)
    Posted 7 minutes ago

A look at player injuries and practice participation for the AFC Divisional Playoff game.

Here is the current injury report for the Steelers' AFC Divisional Playoff game at Kansas City.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
    RB Le'Veon Bell (Not Injury Related)
    LB Anthony Chickillo (Ankle)
    TE Ladarius Green (Concussion)
    DE Ricardo Mathews (Ankle)
    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Foot)
    RB Fitzgerald Toussaint (Concussion)
    LB Vince Williams (Shoulder)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
    S Sean Davis (Shoulder)
    DE Stephon Tuitt (Ankle)

FULL PARTICIPATION
    S Robert Golden (Ankle)

http://www.steelers.com/news/injuryreport/article-1/AFC-Divisional-Playoff-Injury-Report-Chiefs/f97eff4c-0fef-4502-8bbf-45c4cf5f21ef
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.