Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Not Convinced...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Again, if the game really meant something, why did Roethlisberger, Brown, Bell, and Pouncey sit? You can't deactivate everybody...

If Timmons and Shazier wouldn't give up their helmets and they weren't inactive, what would you have done, coach?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The negativity the fans express never ceases to appall me. The game wasn't meaningless. You want to win every game, but it wasn't a must win. They have a winning streak to keep going, and some momentum. It's a real game, not a preseason game. If Shazier is healthy why shouldn't he play. Maybe he is overcoming his initial tendency to get dinged, just like Timmons, who got hurt early in his career and since then has been on an iron man streak.

Instead of crying they didn't get a blow-out, I celebrate they were able to make enough plays to stay in it and come back to win. They have a 7-game win streak, hottest team in the NFL. I think that is something to be glad of. I guess I'm different from a lot of fans. I appreciate that the talent is spread out very evenly in the NFL and don't whine over not winning every game by blowouts. Every team has good players.

Right now Belichick and NE have something special, but Tomlin and the Steelers have something really good. I am a Steelers fan; so, I am excited about the opportunity of making the playoffs and having a good chance, instead of being pouty they are not the Patriots.

The game wasn't meaningless but the intensity will increase a lot for the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Again, if the game really meant something, why did Roethlisberger, Brown, Bell, and Pouncey sit? You can't deactivate everybody...
    You can't deactivate everyone, but you can sure as heck play your backups rather than your starters where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    If Timmons and Shazier wouldn't give up their helmets and they weren't inactive, what would you have done, coach?
    If players won't sit when their HC tells them to, then you've got some REALLY big problems. But I don't think anyone besides you is suggesting that Timmons and Shazier were out there because they were refusing their coach's orders to sit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The negativity the fans express never ceases to appall me. The game wasn't meaningless. You want to win every game, but it wasn't a must win. They have a winning streak to keep going, and some momentum. It's a real game, not a preseason game. If Shazier is healthy why shouldn't he play. Maybe he is overcoming his initial tendency to get dinged, just like Timmons, who got hurt early in his career and since then has been on an iron man streak.

Instead of crying they didn't get a blow-out, I celebrate they were able to make enough plays to stay in it and come back to win. They have a 7-game win streak, hottest team in the NFL. I think that is something to be glad of. I guess I'm different from a lot of fans. I appreciate that the talent is spread out very evenly in the NFL and don't whine over not winning every game by blowouts. Every team has good players.

Right now Belichick and NE have something special, but Tomlin and the Steelers have something really good. I am a Steelers fan; so, I am excited about the opportunity of making the playoffs and having a good chance, instead of being pouty they are not the Patriots.

The game wasn't meaningless but the intensity will increase a lot for the playoffs.
    We have a lot of Steeler Dads on here.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know there are a lot of arm chair coaches on this board. Maybe one of them could break down the Steelers 53 man roster and tell me who the starting 22 should have been. I mean, we probably have 8 LB's activated for every game so it would make sense to sit the starting 4. Same thing with the O-line. 5 starters and we probably dress like 12. So that's easy math.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post

I'm not crying that they didn't get a blow-out. My big concern is with the attitude and resulting performance on the part of many of the players, and that the shoddiness will carry over to the playoffs.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    If players won't sit when their HC tells them to, then you've got some REALLY big problems. But I don't think anyone besides you is suggesting that Timmons and Shazier were out there because they were refusing their coach's orders to sit.
    If you actually read my posts, you would see that is the exact opposite of what I suggested...

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Maybe Shazier and Timmons really wanted to stay in...maybe Tomlin indulged them...
    You suggested that Timmons and Shazier refused "orders", not me...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not crying that they didn't get a blow-out. My big concern is with the attitude and resulting performance on the part of many of the players, and that the shoddiness will carry over to the playoffs.
    Lol... sounds like crying to me. The typical insurance fans take out just in case the team loses in the playoffs.

The Cleveland game has no bearing on how we play next week. We will win or lose based on our performance vs the Phins.

It's the playoffs, anything can happen.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If you actually read my posts, you would see that is the exact opposite of what I suggested...

You suggested that Timmons and Shazier refused "orders", not me...
    Let's go with what you said. Tomlin "indulged" them -- he agreed to let them play, against his better judgment. Hmmmm. How well would that reflect on the HC?

I don't believe Timmons and Shazier refused Tomlin's orders OR that he "indulged" them. I think he penciled them in as starters because he knew that while the game meant nothing in terms of playoff seeding, it did indeed carry some meaning for this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's go with what you said. Tomlin "indulged" them -- he agreed to let them play, against his better judgment. Hmmmm. How well would that reflect on the HC?

I don't believe Timmons and Shazier refused Tomlin's orders OR that he "indulged" them. I think he penciled them in as starters because he knew that while the game meant nothing in terms of playoff seeding, it did indeed carry some meaning for this team.
    or maybe he asked them in they wanted to play and they said yes?

Maybe Butler wanted them to play?

Did Harrison play? I wonder why?