Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: A Landry Led Offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Landry played well, the question with Landry as well as most career back up QB's is consistency.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    You mean more of this?

115 wins
    64.1% completion percentage
    43,554 passing yards
    278 touchdown passes
    94.0 quarterback rating
    15 rushing touchdowns
    11 postseason wins
    2 Super Bowl titles
    And a lock for the HOF

How much longer will Steeler fans have to deal with such mediocrity?
    Hopefully, for 5 or 6 more years

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Without Landry would we have made the playoffs last year? IIRC, he won a few games for us when Ben was out. Looked pretty OK in them as well. Of course there were some other games he didn't (didn't Ben have to come in "off the bench" once to relieve him?). I guess that's why he's not starting somewhere!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Without Landry would we have made the playoffs last year? IIRC, he won a few games for us when Ben was out. Looked pretty OK in them as well. Of course there were some other games he didn't (didn't Ben have to come in "off the bench" once to relieve him?). I guess that's why he's not starting somewhere!
    Before the Cleveland game Jones had all of ONE good game.
    Outstanding game against AZ last year coming in for struggling Mike Vick. He came in in the 3rd and played less than a half.
    Other than that he lost every game he had significant minutes in.
    This weeks game is the only game that LJ played an entire half that we actually won the game.

We blow that one quarter and a half versus AZ WAY out of proportion, LJ is horrible.

I say we get a guy who started for awhile but got beat out, like we had before. Heck I am interested to see what Zach looks like next preseason with a year in the system.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-02-2017 at 09:55 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Landry played well, the question with Landry as well as most career back up QB's is consistency.
    I would not describe his play as 'well' but rather OK. And yes, Landry is inconsistent. Some of his passes were just plain awful but I give the benefit of the doubt that he just hasn't gotten first team reps.

btw, second week in a row where the offense seemed to be lackluster thru 3/4 of the game. Different QB, same modus operandi. What gives? Does this imply OC is to blame?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

btw, second week in a row where the offense seemed to be lackluster thru 3/4 of the game. Different QB, same modus operandi. What gives? Does this imply OC is to blame?
    Uh-oh ... now you did it. Now you can expect some of the resident cheerleaders to jump all over you and imply that you can't possibly be "a real Steelers fan."

Backup

User Info Menu

I would not describe his play as 'well' but rather OK. And yes, Landry is inconsistent. Some of his passes were just plain awful but I give the benefit of the doubt that he just hasn't gotten first team reps.

YES absolutely

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Uh-oh ... now you did it. Now you can expect some of the resident cheerleaders to jump all over you and imply that you can't possibly be "a real Steelers fan."
    Yeah...just like our coach is a cheerleader...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Yeah...just like our coach is a cheerleader...
    Clearly some define "cheerleader" as a person of superior intellect.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Early on Landry was being too protective with the football. He was throwing deep balls where no one really had a chance to catch them (out of bounds).
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"