Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers road to AFC Championship

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    I won't admonish anyone for being worried as there is always a chance we have a Bad Ben game. But at home I am fully confident of the win and will probably put money on it.
    Glad you are confident. The Cleveland game was a huge win... as most of our guys on the field were starters...and playing to win.

I'm thinking we can beat Miami next week. I've never been one to bet money on the Steelers though. I don't enjoy the games near as much when I've got money riding on it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I take zero stock in week 17 for any game with nothing riding on it. Granted the Clowns had #1 pick riding on it but they didn't seem to care. Steelers were able to 'suddenly' turn it on when necessary? I think any Clowns stats should be taken with a grain of salt.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Missed tackles still scare the crap out of me..
    Unfortunately we are still having problems with tackling.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post

It's the playoffs, and anything is possible. Sometimes the most unlikely players become heroes (David Tyree, for example).

But here's a stat that you might want to take into account if you're planning on a wager:

Tom Brady's career record against the remaining AFC playoff teams at Gillette Stadium (including the postseason): 28-1

And Brady's one loss was to the Dolphins in the last game of the 2005 season in a meaningless game where Matt Cassel finished the game.

Another interesting stat is that in 12 of the last 13 Super Bowls the starting QB of the AFC Champion has been named either Brady, Manning, or Roethlisberger. With Manning retired I think it's safe to say that once again it will come down to Ben or Brady.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's looking like we are headed to KC if we beat Miami next week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Yep. NE gets the cakewalk road to the AFCC.

That's why you want to be the #1 seed. Belicheat and Brady understand that.

Starter

User Info Menu

I thought Houston was the worst team in the AFC playoff field,,,but now I could see them beating Oakland
    Last edited by buccoray61; 01-01-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    KC with a huge advantage in the return game, ST. Could be the difference. Our offense needs to be clicking if we play them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

sadly, someone has to win in the Hou/Oak game. so the pats will get an easy first game - while we get KC in KC (assuming we get past the fins). yep - seeding matters, and those crap losses to teams like philly generally come back to haunt you.

but on the plus side - if Hou or Oak beats the Pats and we take out KC, we get the AFCCG AT HOME! Woooooo!
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    sadly, someone has to win in the Hou/Oak game. so the pats will get an easy first game - while we get KC in KC (assuming we get past the fins). yep - seeding matters, and those crap losses to teams like philly generally come back to haunt you.

but on the plus side - if Hou or Oak beats the Pats and we take out KC, we get the AFCCG AT HOME! Woooooo!

Tampa and Tennessee have both beaten KC at home. So can we. We also seem to play bad in Oakland lately.