User Info Menu

interesting *Pats stat

2011 tied for 1st fewest
    2012 4th fewest
    2013 tied 5th fewest
    2014 2nd fewest
    2015 tied 2nd fewest

2016 tied 4th most

crazy coincidence how the pats fumble ranking have changed since the league has taken over control of inflating the footballs
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    2011 tied for 1st fewest
    2012 4th fewest
    2013 tied 5th fewest
    2014 2nd fewest
    2015 tied 2nd fewest

2016 tied 4th most

crazy coincidence how the pats fumble ranking have changed since the league has taken over control of inflating the footballs
    It's sad that this fact isn't reported anywhere. That guy Sharp did his analysis a couple years ago, and it has pretty much been validated. It also sucks that they haven't really felt the effects yet in terms of losses.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    2011 tied for 1st fewest
    2012 4th fewest
    2013 tied 5th fewest
    2014 2nd fewest
    2015 tied 2nd fewest

2016 tied 4th most

I noticed this, but I thought it was my inner bias showing. I didn't think to count. Glad this is vindicated. They almost certainly didn't deserve the recent SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

where's TipRoast when you need him?

I like to razz him, but, he's usually a reasonable fan - would love to hear his take on this one...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    It also sucks that they haven't really felt the effects yet in terms of losses.
    I'm hoping that happens in, oh, say their first playoff game...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    where's TipRoast when you need him?

I like to razz him, but, he's usually a reasonable fan - would love to hear his take on this one...
    Deflategate was 2014. The league changed their procedures starting in the 2015 season. If the theory is (1) fumble rate is affected by air pressure, and (2) the Patriots were deflating balls, then why didn't the Patriots fumble rate rise dramatically in 2015?

Also, have you considered that the players change every year?

Some of the fumbles this year are due to Cyrus Jones - that kid just can't seem to field NFL punts, even though he was a returner at Alabama.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Deflategate was 2014. The league changed their procedures starting in the 2015 season. If the theory is (1) fumble rate is affected by air pressure, and (2) the Patriots were deflating balls, then why didn't the Patriots fumble rate rise dramatically in 2015?

Also, have you considered that the players change every year?

Some of the fumbles this year are due to Cyrus Jones - that kid just can't seem to field NFL punts, even though he was a returner at Alabama.
    This and also, without knowing how many fumbles we're talking about, the difference between fourth most and second least could conceivably be four fumbles (which would leave not much to glean).

Legend

User Info Menu

Statistics of small numbers is a dicey proposition...

and Belicheck is known for benching guys that can't hang on to the ball so I suspect this Jones kid won't see a ball for a while.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Statistics of small numbers is a dicey proposition...

and Belicheck is known for benching guys that can't hang on to the ball so I suspect this Jones kid won't see a ball for a while.
    He sure looked like he intentionally put his foot out there to cause the turnover.....
    was the fix in? Vegas...gambling.....

Legend

User Info Menu

I almost jumped on this fumble gate until I looked at who fumbled. Backup QB's had 7 fumbles, the returner Jones has another 2 or 3.

Nothing to see here.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"