Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben take a shot at Haley again.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ben needs to worry about Ben. He played terrible regardless of play calling.

He is simply to much of a boom or bust QB this year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I guess I could be remembering wrong, but it sure seems to me we ran a lot into a stacked box.
    Your not...we ran way to much they were ready for Bell...even I new that before this game even started...
    And Ben should not have started....they rushed him back to soon...

poor game plan ...and then when they changed gears in the 4th it was just to late.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

100 % correct.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

The reason Ben played well in no huddle late is because the Ravens D played softer coverages. Ben played a horrific game against stacked boxes. Poor decision making, poor accuracy, and honestly I wanted Jones out there after the first quarter. He couldn't have done much worse.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    The reason Ben played well in no huddle late is because the Ravens D played softer coverages. Ben played a horrific game against stacked boxes. Poor decision making, poor accuracy, and honestly I wanted Jones out there after the first quarter. He couldn't have done much worse.
    $$$$$$$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Ben needs to worry about Ben. He played terrible regardless of play calling.

He is simply to much of a boom or bust QB this year.
    This year? Seems like the past few years have been boom or bust. It's one of the main reasons we lose to bad teams every year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

While I agree, I also don't understand why we kept the same game plan forever. We kept running straight into the teeth of their stacked D and did nothing creative to get the ball to someone else while AB was tripled. Where were the screens and crossing patterns? Reverses with AB? Anything?

That may have been the most difficult 3.5 quarters of football I've ever watched. And I've seen some bad performances in the past.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Sounds remarkably similar to the early Haley days when Ben used to btch and whine. Then, he bought into the system and took what the defense gave him and started putting up MVP numbers. But Ben has once again reverted to making the wrong read, making a poor throw, staring down receivers, and forcing deep balls when he has crossing routes or Bell out of the backfield. This is Haley's last year. He'll either land an NFL HC job or go to college. He has to see the writing on the wall and his star won't get any higher in this situation. And for Ben apologists, when a defense is in prevent and soft, it tends to give up garbage yards and meaningless scores...no huddle or not. This loss was shared amongst many but primarily is on Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really don't think the Ravens was in soft coverage because Ben had to fit the ball in some tight coverages especially to Eli. He just sucks azz the first 3 quaters. And wouldn't that be a blessing if Haley got a HC job.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This year? Seems like the past few years have been boom or bust. It's one of the main reasons we lose to bad teams every year.
    Exactly, yet I got burned at the stake for even suggesting Ben's best days might be behind him.
    Trolls are people too.