Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Letdown Game Looming

Legend

User Info Menu

Ultimate Letdown Game Looming

OK. It had to be said but in a few short weeks the Steelers will be playing in the ultimate letdown game against the Cleveland Browns. Say what you want but the Browns have fight in them every week. They've come close in several games, just can't seem to finish.
    If they are winless in 3 weeks you can bet they will be treating the game as their playoff and SB. I really hope Tomlin can get the team focused and prepared or it could be one of the more embarrassing losses in a long while. Browns rush defense struggles so if I was Tomlin it would be LeVeon on 1st down, LeVeon on 2nd down, and then LeVeon for the first down all game long.

Legend

User Info Menu

why would tomlin have them prepared for this one but not of the other bum teams?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

If we don't "button it up", we may be treating it as our SB too...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    why would tomlin have them prepared for this one but not of the other bum teams?

One would hope that the whole organization would be a little more "up" for a division game. But would it surprise anyone if we lost to the Stains?

Legend

User Info Menu

The week before the Stains is the Cowboys. Please please please beat the Cowboys. My life will be miserable around these parts if we don't (I'm known as the Steeler fan in this here wilderness).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah... I thought this was about Baltimore but I can definitely see us gifting Cleveland.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

I actually think the Browns are improved somewhat over years past. I know their record does not show it yet, but they have been competitive in most games. I like Isaiah Crowell as a their early down workhorse back and Duke Johnson as their third down pass catching back, Terrelle Pryor has transformed himself into a dynamic wideout option, and Gary Barnidge is a solid TE. They've been struggling primarily because they've managed to get a half dozen or so QB's hurt so far, but the best one on their roster in my opinion, Josh McCown, is now back under center. I also think Hue Jackson is a quality coach they might actually keep around for a little while instead of starting over every other season like clockwork.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

ruth already making excuses for tomlin if we lose to the worst team in football......classic

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    ruth already making excuses for tomlin if we lose to the worst team in football......classic
    I'm not making excuses. I'm being real about what is required to win in this league. Every team in the NFL has talent, so you have to prepare and execute for every opponent, every week, regardless of record.

If the team believes what you believe, that there are certain "bum teams" then they will lose. It's the Cleveland Browns of the NFL, not the Eastern Cleveland State Golden Hamsters of the Great Lakes Intramural Conference.

If the team believes what I believe that you must prepare yourself each week to face a legit, talented NFL squad no matter which team you are playing that week, then they will win.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm not making excuses. I'm being real about what is required to win in this league. Every team in the NFL has talent, so you have to prepare and execute for every opponent, every week, regardless of record.

If the team believes what you believe, that there are certain "bum teams" then they will lose. It's the Cleveland Browns of the NFL, not the Eastern Cleveland State Golden Hamsters of the Great Lakes Intramural Conference.

If the team believes what I believe that you must prepare yourself each week to face a legit, talented NFL squad no matter which team you are playing that week, then they will win.

who's job is to prepare them?