This team needs him in the worst way assuming he comes back 100%
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers LB Bud Dupree targets Week 10 return to practice
    Bryan DeArdo - Oct 25, 8:58 AM

Bud Dupree is targeting a Week 10 return to the Steelers' practices after undergoing a sports hernia surgery prior to the start of the regular season. Dupree was placed on the team's Injured Reserved list back in September.

That's according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, who added that Dupree fully expects to play this season, his second after being drafted by the Steelers in the first round back in 2015.

"I know I'll be back, probably late though," Dupree told Steelers' reporter Jacob Klinger earlier this month.

Dupree told Klinger that he initially suffered the injury in April, and that it has been Dupree's goal was to play through the pain during training camp, then rest during part (or all) of the preseason before beginning the regular season. It was a goal that unfortunately did not pan out.

"I couldn't go straight," he said. "I can't do anything on the field if I can't run straight."

Dupree's injury is just one of many injuries that have plagued Pittsburgh's defense thus far. The team lost Ryan Shazier (knee) for three games and Cameron Heyward (hamstring) for the last two games, as the Steelers' defense surrendered a combined 362 rushing yards in Pittsburgh's losses to Miami and New England heading into their bye week.

The team's No.1 pick last season, Dupree finished his rookie season with four sacks while becoming a starter 12 weeks into the 2015 regular season. And while he failed to record a sack in the season's last eight games, his pressure of Brock Osweiler led to a critical interception by Shazier late in Pittsburgh's Week 15 victory over Denver.

And after winning the team's Rookie of the Year award last year, Dupree hopes that he can come back and make an impact on the Steelers' defense before the 2016 regular season comes to a close.

“I know I’m working hard," Dupree recently told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "I’m trying to get back as soon as I can without putting myself at risk and being out longer.”

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-LB-Bud-Dupree-targets-Week-10-return-to-practice-48501046
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Need him bad. With him out probably the weakest group of OLBs we have ever had. Wouldn't be surprised if we go both OLB and ILB ala Timmons and Woodley in the next draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Need him bad. With him out probably the weakest group of OLBs we have ever had. Wouldn't be surprised if we go both OLB and ILB ala Timmons and Woodley in the next draft.
    Wouldn't be surprised? We better go that way or trouble is uh comin'
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks RUTHLESS
    I Google'd and only found articles from Sept. talking about his injury.

Next Years Mock Draft
    1. OLB
    2. OLB
    3. OLB
    4. DE/OLB
    5. ILB
    6. OLB
    7. DE
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree OLB in draft but they can't wait. See what it would take to get Shaq Barrett from the Broncos before trade deadline & move Wheaton to compensate loss of pick. Even if/when Dupree comes back they need someone to push or become front runner. They need help this year & Barrett might be a better option than what's here & a low pick.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I agree OLB in draft but they can't wait. See what it would take to get Shaq Barrett from the Broncos before trade deadline & move Wheaton to compensate loss of pick. Even if/when Dupree comes back they need someone to push or become front runner. They need help this year & Barrett might be a better option than what's here & a low pick.

I like the idea, but I think we all know- there is almost zero chance this FO makes that move.

Honestly, I don't think the Broncos would either.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No need to waste that pick.
    We fixed the pass rush a year ago when we fired Dick Lebeau.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    No need to waste that pick.
    We fixed the pass rush a year ago when we fired Dick Lebeau.
    CL, out of the blue you started a separate "Lebeau did *not* suck" thread. Ok, a little unnecessarily provocative I thought, but it's a free country so go for it.

But don't you think your post above is off topic in this thread? Are you going to keep posting "Lebeau did *not* suck" in everybody else's threads? Why not let them have a chance to say something also?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post

I don't know much about that guy, but it would be pretty cool if we brought someone in from FA that helped us win more games. Who knows how many more games we have Ben for, I hope the FO has adjusted their planning horizons accordingly.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!