Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lineup Changes

Legend

User Info Menu

Lineup Changes

Chickillo is getting his first start:

http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1717088-notebook-chickillo-back-to-miami-a-starter

Not sure if it will be a permanent move or not, but hopefully he responds well, especially going back to Miami.

I've also read elsewhere that Burns will be starting on the outside in the nickel, with the nickel CBs Burns-Gay-Cockrell. Sean Davis will focus on just being a safety.

Ideally, these guys get some good reps now, and the Steelers end up with some young and experienced guys to help during the stretch drive.

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope so too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers sign Mihalik to Active Roster
    Posted 3 hours ago

The Steelers have signed Brian Mihalik to the Active Roster and signed Al-Hajj Shabazz to the Practice Squad.

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers signed offensive tackle Brian Mihalik to the team’s active roster and signed cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz to the team’s practice squad, it was announced today.

Mihalik was signed by the Steelers off of the Detroit Lions’ practice squad. He spent the 2016 offseason and a part of the Steelers’ 2016 training camp with the team.

Shabazz was released by the Steelers on October 15, 2016. He spent the first four weeks of the 2016 season on the Steelers’ practice squad, and he made his NFL debut Week 5 vs. the Jets.

To make room for Mihalik on the active roster, the Steelers released offensive lineman Matt Feiler.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-sign-Mihalik-to-Active-Roster/5e776bca-a9f2-4c19-bc1c-5bc2f6f78801
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Steelers sign Mihalik to Active Roster
    Posted 3 hours ago

The Steelers have signed Brian Mihalik to the Active Roster and signed Al-Hajj Shabazz to the Practice Squad.

PITTSBURGH - The Steelers signed offensive tackle Brian Mihalik to the team’s active roster and signed cornerback Al-Hajj Shabazz to the team’s practice squad, it was announced today.

Mihalik was signed by the Steelers off of the Detroit Lions’ practice squad. He spent the 2016 offseason and a part of the Steelers’ 2016 training camp with the team.

Shabazz was released by the Steelers on October 15, 2016. He spent the first four weeks of the 2016 season on the Steelers’ practice squad, and he made his NFL debut Week 5 vs. the Jets.

To make room for Mihalik on the active roster, the Steelers released offensive lineman Matt Feiler.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-sign-Mihalik-to-Active-Roster/5e776bca-a9f2-4c19-bc1c-5bc2f6f78801
    Mihalik was the big, raw OT they had in camp, with the hope that he turned into AV 2.0. He got cut when he was hurt but he obviously must be healthy again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sean Davis will be more valuable covering GRONK than any WR on the field.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    His only chance is to make sure the pass is not completed because he is one of the many with tackling problems.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    JEezus, if they put Davis on Gronk for any noticeable amount of time, I shudder to think of how bad we'll get blown.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    JEezus, if they put Davis on Gronk for any noticeable amount of time, I shudder to think of how bad we'll get blown.
    Outside of signing LeBron James today and using him to cover Gronk, no one person is going to be responsible for covering him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I really wonder if we'll see much of Davis ... he seemed to have gotten demoted before the Miami game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I really wonder if we'll see much of Davis ... he seemed to have gotten demoted before the Miami game.
    Davis has been moved to safety only - no more work in the slot.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers try to use Gilbert as part of covering Gronk. They've been using him a bit to cover TEs, and did the same thing with Shabazz against the Jets when Gilbert was out.