Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *'s

Legend

User Info Menu

*'s

Flat amazing. Down to 3rd string QB, and just keep humming along. The gold standard for coaching preparation. I hate all the cheating and douchebaggery in their past, but they deserve to be #1 in any power ranking chart. Did I say amazing?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Flat amazing. Down to 3rd string QB, and just keep humming along. The gold standard for coaching preparation. I hate all the cheating and douchebaggery in their past, but they deserve to be #1 in any power ranking chart. Did I say amazing?
    Much as I hate to say it, yes, brilliant brilliant coaching.
    Supports my opinion that Brady's just a product of Belichik's system..

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Rank number 1? They beat Cardinals, Miami and shut out a weak Texans team

Rank them after they play the Steelers

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hate them but damn they are solid

Legend

User Info Menu

Make no mistake that win was as much about the game plan as it was about any awesome 3rd string QB.
    texans have no offense this season. Beyond Hopkins they have nothing.
    plus give the ball away like they did, most games are a loss in the NFL.

of course BB is also the best coach in football

Legend

User Info Menu

And yet even Belichick still couldn't win in Cleveland...

Interestingly enough, it was Bill Belichick who gave our long-time DL coach John Mitchell his first NFL coaching job with the Browns back in 1991. Also on that coaching staff was our current WR coach Richard Mann and our former ST coach Kevin Spencer.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I suppose the Texans could have played worse than they did but it's hard to imagine. Two special teams turnovers and an interception that is about as bad a decision as you can make, the video of exactly what Osweiler saw is d@mning to him as a professional quarterback. He was trying to squeeze that pass to his receiver and all you could see were Patriot defenders. Jacoby Brisset against any team with even mediocre coaching and players loses that game easily. Brissett was 1/4 on passes thrown over 10 yards, he had 3 short fields and he can run, he passed for 103 yards and 77 of those yards were YAC, the Pats were fortunate the Texans are incompetent.

You have to give Belichick credit though he put his guy in the best possible position to win that game and they did, more because of the ineptitude of the Texans. The Pats, as usual, took away the Texans two best players, Watt and Hopkins, and dared the other players to beat them and they couldn't.

Hats of to the Pats for being prepared and executing the game plan, thumbs down to the Texans to whatever they want to call what I was watching last night.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the Texans are that weak of a team, they where coming in to the game at 2-0. Patriots got turnovers and ran the ball well, I think that is pretty much the game plan of every team every week. I think this game was more about mistakes by Houston rather than game planning by the patriots.

Legend

User Info Menu

Be honest ... how many of you thought the *'s would go 3-0 without Brady? And with a third-string QB playing vs. the Texans? The *'s routinely get a first-round bye and home games in the playoffs ... a big part of that is, they never take games off ... they don't come into games unprepared. Much as I dislike Belicheat, I've got to give him props for doing what he does to keep his team focused and prepared.

Legend

User Info Menu

1) Ernie Adams, the mystery man behind the scenes probably has a huge impact in BB decision making.
    2) Defense was/is generally the driving force behind the success of BB.
    3) What does this say about Brady's legacy considering the Pats did and can have success without him?
    4) Is a new cheating scandal happening in NE?