steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I miss Tirico already on the broadcast

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I miss Tirico already on the broadcast
    I'm listening to the local broadcast on the steelers' website. Much better, and syncing well enough with the TV.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Yes, figured out my old password
    Welcome back

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Final Thoughts:

Ben and AB are HOF. Both are the best at their positions the Steelers have ever fielded. AB might be top 3 WR after everything is said and done. Only Rice might be considered a more complete receiver.

First year starter James is capable of taking over for Heath. He's still young and not nearly a finished product but this spastic kid had a great game besides a whiff on one pass play and a phantom holding call that I rewound and the flag was thrown by the back judge 30 yards away after JJ pancaked his guy effectively. This was a big concern for me because of the great leader and safety valve for Ben that Heath has been. The fact that James might be able to give a decent approximation of his production alone let alone when/if Green comes back, is comforting.

Jarvis is not special. He is close to being a liability. He cannot cover in space and just gets average push and has no burst on the pass rush. He's a bust and won't be here next season.

Shazier is made of glass. Injured again though not serious I don't think. He plays in space like Timmons used to and hopefully that's how they utilize him more. He's special.

Our offensive line is the best it's been maybe in all of Ben's career. Our defensive line isn't far behind.

Our best corners (hopefully) are not currently suiting up. What we are putting out there is below average. I jest when I blame Tomlin but truth is Colbert (maybe in tandem with Tomlin and Lake) has failed to successfully draft and develop anyone at the position for a decade. It's crazy. If they want to win a SB over the next few seasons Burns and/or Golson need to be above average to excellent corners. WSH receivers/TE were wide open. The better QB (like all these years past) should be able to march down the field at will against what we're putting on the field. Even Cousins did at times.

Excellent first game. I expected a slow start and we got it. This team is top 3 talented in the whole league (when Golson and Burns get on the field) and should be going to at least the AFC championship game. Only injuries and the team's penchant for not showing up for some lesser competition can prevent this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelYinzer View Post

Jarvis is not special. He is close to being a liability. He cannot cover in space and just gets average push and has no burst on the pass rush. He's a bust and won't be here next season.
    Duh...no change. Still manhandled by a single blocker. Unfortunately none of the other OLBs did anything either. This could bite us against a team with a good QB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Duh...no change. Still manhandled by a single blocker. Unfortunately none of the other OLBs did anything either. This could bite us against a team with a good QB
    really? seems I seen one LJ Fort absolutely blast the backer into the QB almost causing a fumble. Harrison stoned the RB on a run to his side. Moats kept Cousins from picking up a desperate 4th down run attempt.

For a first game I thought it was a decent showing. LBs were in coverage most of the night. Not sure what you were seeing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Welcome back
    Happy to be back. Thanks for the welcome

Backup

User Info Menu

My thoughts on the first quarter offense. How many actual plays did the first team offense get in the pre season. 12-14, with a few new faces tonight in the game, you cannot expect them to come out in mid season form. Many expectations here I think are a bit unrealistic. Once they warmed up it was on. Thought the play calling was top notch, the play designs too. They are using all hands on deck, tough to defense something like that.