NeClams – 2011
    Pfelix73 – 2012
    SteelerofDeville – 2013
    Starlifter – 2014
    Ruthlessburgher – 2015

Best Single Week High Score:
    New England @ Indianapolis - Week 10 - 2009 - 145 points

The Players:
    Ruthlessburgher, Lonbull, Pfelix73, MeetjoeGreene, BigLebowski, Falconfan, Ghost, Neclams, Doogie36, Flippinburghers, Chadman, Angry Asian, Starlifter, NBC

Best Week 17 High Score
    2013 – 160 Points

Ghost, Lonbull, SteelerofDeville, Pfelix73

For those of you new to the game, here is the concept. Year in and year out my buddies and I would plan on getting a Pizza and watching Monday Night Football, sadly many of these games were real yawners. I figured anybody with common NFL sense should be able to schedule better games than what I was watching and so - Monday Night Football Executive was created, to test my theory that NFL fans could pick the closest, or most interesting games week in and week out.

I realize that NBC and ESPN have a few other things to consider when choosing their games, but in reality people across the country either want to watch their team or the best game of the week, so no excuses. If that weren't the reality NBC wouldn't use Flex scheduling.

What's at stake you ask - Bragging rights and an entry into the Hall of Champions - it's yours uncontested.

However to play for bragging rights your schedule needs to be PM'ed to me or added to this thread no later than

Thursday Sept 8th by 8:30 pm EST.

Anyone is welcome to join after the deadline – however if you join after the deadline you will be ineligible to enter the Hall of Champions even if they win. Also all schedules will on display once the season begins, even if you’ve emailed them to me privately - to make sure the game is fair.

As you can see there have been some minor changes and alterations made. We’ve had some really great crews in the past few seasons and I'm looking forward to seeing who is this season's MNF Executive. If you have any questions please post them and I will do my best to address them.

Soon I will post the ESPN and NBC schedules for MNF Exec.

How to Play:

Pick 1 game per week, for the 17 week NFL Season. In general the better the two teams are (record wise), and the closer and more exciting the game is (i.e. nailbiter) the more points you'll score.

It's that simple....and that difficult.

The Rookie and Special Bonuses need to be included as a part of your 17 week schedule, however you are NOT required to use / “go for” any of these bonuses – and you also are NOT required to “Call your shot”. These Bonuses are added primarily to entice MNF Execs. to use teams that they might not include otherwise (like the Browns or Tampa Bay).

Below is a link to the full 17 week NFL schedule.
    [URL]http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/schedule.php[/URL]

Below is the Scoring table that will be used:

Final Score Points – Except Overtime games.
    35 points - If the game is decided by less than 3 points
    25 points - If the game is decided by 3 points.
    15 points - If the game is decided by 7 points or less.

(Example: If the score is 36-33 you only receive 25 points, not the 25 and the 15)

20 points - A game winning FG is attempted with less than 30 seconds left in the game
    An additional 5 points - if the winning FG is 45 yards or beyond and the kicking team makes it.

35 points - If a team wins the game with a TD, with 1 minute (or less) in Regulation.
    30 points - For all overtime games – however the final score does NOT contribute.
    35 points - If a team, previously down by 17 points or more at any point in the game, wins.

5 points - If any one player scores 3 TD's in the game.
    15 points - If any one player scores 4 TD's in the game.
    25 points - If any one player scores 5 TD's in the game.
    (An additional 5 points for any TD’s beyond 5 in a game).

10 points for every Punt Return or K.O. return TD.

15 points - If any defensive player gets 2 Int's, 2 Forced Fumbles, or 1 of each. 5 additional points for every Forced Fumble or Interception beyond that. However only 1 player can qualify for each defense in your game, and the higher scoring player will count. (Example: if Bud Dupree has three forced fumbles, and Artie Burns has 2 Int’s – the points would only be 20 points for Dupree – NOT 20 points for Dupree and an additional 15 points for Burns).

Record Bonus - From Week 5 and Beyond

10 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above.
    15 points - if both teams have a record that is .500 or above in the same division
    25 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above
    30 points - if both teams have a record that is .600 or above in the same division.

Playoff Points

3 points - For every team you include in your schedule that goes to the playoffs
    9 points - For every week your schedule involved two teams that eventually go to the playoffs.

Week 17 Rule

55 points / 110 points - In Week 17 if you guess the game that involves a team that only needs to win that game (and receive no other help from another team during that week) you receive 55 points. If that game involves two teams that only need to win to get a playoff spot the score is doubled. There can be no other factors involved to receive the points for this game, i.e. a team cannot need another team to lose that week to make it in. You do not receive additional bonus “record” points for this game.
    (Example if two 8-8 teams meet in Week 17, and both teams need to win to get in – you receive only 110 points, NOT the 110 plus the record bonus of either 10/15 points)

Rookie Watch --- First to Worst Style!

If you select a game which features these players scoring their first career Touchdowns the points are given as follows.

The first rookie to score a TD will earn 25 points for their chosen game, second rookie earns 15, third rookie earns 10, and the last rookie earns 5 points. If the rookies score their first TD’s on the same week the highest equal points are awarded. For example if all of these rookies scored a TD in Week One they would all receive 25 points.

However if two rookies scored their first TD in Week One those two rookies would receive 25 points, but the next rookie score would be 10 points (because he’s the Third Rookie to score).

This is divided into two separate sections Running Backs and Wide Receivers --- meaning the Running Back Rookies are NOT competing against the Wide Receivers, they are competing separately.

RB – C.J. Prosise - Seahawks - 5
    RB – Derrick Henry - Titans - 10

RB – Ezekiel Elliott - Cowboys - 25
    RB – Kenyan Drake - Dolphins - 15

WR – Corey Coleman - Browns - 15
    WR – Will Fuller - Texans - 25

WR – Josh Doctson - Redskins
    WR – Laquon Treadwell - Vikings

Special Bonus!

Week 4 – I’m giving an additional 10 points to the Redskins v. Cleveland game – Provided Robert Griffin III is the starting QB.

Week 7 – I’m giving an additional 15 point bonus to Brock Osweiler’s return to Denver (Houston v. Denver) – Provided Brock Osweiler is the Starting QB.

25 points – If Sean Davis has an INT or Forced Fumble - (35 pts) if it’s a Pick 6.
    25 points – If Sammie Coates scores his first TD of the Season
    25 points – If Artie Burns has his first INT – (35 pts) if it’s a Pick 6.

Odds and ends - rules in case of emergency.

If there is a tie at the end of the regular season between two or more players - the playoff points are extended until it breaks the tie. In other words - playoff points will be counted, again, for the Second Round, Championship Game, and Super Bowl until the tie is broken.

If you make a mistake on your schedule and it isn't realized until the week of the game - I will take the first team you write in - (i.e. if it's Seattle vs. Arizona, and it was supposed to be Cleveland vs Arizona - you're stuck with the Seattle game whomever they're playing - unless it's a bye week for Seattle, and then I’ll use the Arizona game).

ESPN will be awarded the best of their first two games (on Thursday Night) towards a Week 5 and beyond scoring. The reason for this is that they are short 1 game on their schedule towards this scoring system.

Networks do not receive the aid of their Flex Scheduling. The Schedule they have listed is the one they’re going to get!

Scores will be posted every Tuesday along with commentary.

Monday Night Executive is a copyrighted game.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Lonbull; 11-21-2016 at 01:10 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I sent you mine today

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks Lon I'll post my picks later

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post
    I sent you mine today
    Wow Passhappy -- very impressive that you're already done -- I've got them. If you need to change them before kickoff let me know.

LB

Legend

User Info Menu

YES! It's that time again. I need to pull myself up by the bootstraps and reclaim my seat at the Table of Mediocrity after last season's debacle! Game on!

-joos
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Double-check me, but, i think you've got Week 11 wrong... we'd all get houston v oakland - lol

Week 11 – I’m giving an additional 15 point bonus to Brock Osweiler’s return to Denver (Houston v. Denver) – Provided Brock Osweiler is the Starting QB.

Week 11
    Date Time (ET) Away Team Home Team
    Thu Nov 17 8:25 pm New Orleans Saints Carolina Panthers
    Sun Nov 20 1:00 pm Arizona Cardinals Minnesota Vikings

1:00 pm Baltimore Ravens Dallas Cowboys

1:00 pm Buffalo Bills Cincinnati Bengals

1:00 pm Chicago Bears New York Giants

1:00 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Detroit Lions

1:00 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Cleveland Browns

1:00 pm Tampa Bay Buccaneers Kansas City Chiefs

1:00 pm Tennessee Titans Indianapolis Colts

4:05 pm Miami Dolphins Los Angeles Rams

4:25 pm New England Patriots San Francisco 49ers

4:25 pm Philadelphia Eagles Seattle Seahawks

8:30 pm Green Bay Packers Washington Redskins
    Mon Nov 21 8:30 pm Houston Texans Oakland Raiders
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Mid-March Mock
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Jermiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson
    3.98 - Christian Jones, OT, Texas

Legend

User Info Menu

well, for that matter, the week 5 game (per the link on the schedule you sent) is off as well.. redskins v browns is week 4

Week 4
    Date Time (ET) Away Team Home Team
    Thu Sep 29 8:25 pm Miami Dolphins Cincinnati Bengals
    Sun Oct 2 9:30 am Indianapolis Colts Jacksonville Jaguars ¹
    1:00 pm Buffalo Bills New England Patriots
    1:00 pm Carolina Panthers Atlanta Falcons
    1:00 pm Cleveland Browns Washington Redskins
    1:00 pm Detroit Lions Chicago Bears
    1:00 pm Oakland Raiders Baltimore Ravens
    1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks New York Jets
    1:00 pm Tennessee Titans Houston Texans
    4:05 pm Denver Broncos Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4:25 pm Dallas Cowboys San Francisco 49ers
    4:25 pm Los Angeles Rams Arizona Cardinals
    4:25 pm New Orleans Saints San Diego Chargers
    8:30 pm Kansas City Chiefs Pittsburgh Steelers
    Mon Oct 3 8:30 pm New York Giants Minnesota Vikings

DeVille's Mid-March Mock

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks SOD -- I've changed those two games to the correct weeks.

LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lonbull View Post
    Thanks SOD -- I've changed those two games to the correct weeks.

LB
    whew... i was gonna end up with a browns game for no reason -

DeVille's Mid-March Mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

i gotta remember to do this this year.. it slipped by me last year... since i have never won, i am thinking of a random number generator
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.