Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: super short list of

Legend

User Info Menu

super short list of

who actually looked good that first half?

harrison
    grant(most plays)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

berry too..
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Richardson... dude has a burst.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    who actually looked good that first half?

harrison
    grant(most plays)
    The last season Harrison was the best guy on the team we won the superbowl

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Seriously, I have a strange feeling JH is going to have a renaissance of sorts this year, I don't know why.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought with the small sample he had last night...Coates looks better than last year already. Can't wait to see more of him this season.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Richardson... dude has a burst.
    I really like the way he runs.. but for the life of me I cant understand why a RB would have that much hair. He needs to tie it up or he will be dragged all over the field
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

K I got to see it twice so I'll give my 2 cent evaluation of what jumped out or failed to jump out:

Defense- Mathews made a few solid plays against the run n pass tonight. That pick 6 has a play where he had heavy pressure. He plays with good leverage. A star? No but a serviceable back up who is better then what was here before( Cam Thomas) and that should keep 97 n 91 fresh.
    Hargrave didn't play a lot. However when he was in he held the los. He showed the ability to get under some pads and got doubled inside a few times. To small a test sample as Big Dan got the bulk of the snaps. We'll need to see how it plays out against Philly. He lined up on an angle last night in the A gap.... where have we seen that before? lol Intriguing prospect who I hope gets more reps next week.
    Zumwalt- not able to turn the corner and not a lot of explosion there. Used at OLB and just to me doesn't have the quicks to play that at this level. Could play inside like he did in college but he is up against a numbers battle that looks like a long shot.
    Reilly- like Zumwalt just not explosive. If you can't rush with some leverage your going to get stoned or ridden wide and again a guy who doesn't have the numbers working for him.
    K White - just a step slow tonight and not a lot positive that I saw. It's only one game but he'll need to flash next week to stick around.
    S Davis - moved around a bit like at camp and looked fair for his first game. Missed a tackle on Bolden but that is tech n can be corrected. Not bad for game 1.

Offense- Vaughan- flashed that arm we saw at Latrobe. Moved a little in the pocket and could be a serviceable number 3. Sample size to small he needs more game situation not 7-7 11-11 where he is not getting hit. Can he look down field when he knows he's getting belted? Grad is opening the door for this kid. Jury still out but there is potential there as a 3.
    Richardson- showed quick burst we saw at Latrobe. With Bell out for a while he could stick around and at least be a serviceable vet who has some tread still on the tires at only 26 years old.
    Toussaint- special team guy last night and looks good there. No reason to believe he wont be on the 53 and though he didn't play much last night he will be on the 53.
    Coates- had a bad night period. But at camp he has looked excellent. He just needs to secure the ball cause he can get open and has good hands. He'll need to show more next week. My money would be on him having a solid game against the Eagles.
    Eli Rogers- has a little burst and nice hands. Small sample last night but should be our slot wr and punt returner. He will be on the 53 imho.
    Hawkins- rookie had a shoulder issue this week but got to play tackle and looked fair. Has good feet and some power and made a few nice blocks. For game 1 he did okay.

Wish it looked better but it didn't. Hope Mihalik is okay because he is our 5th tackle and a guy who could make our practice squad.
    Sky isn't falling but it's not like we don't have a lot of work to do and we do need to get better in all three phases.
    Last edited by Iron City Inc.; 08-13-2016 at 01:13 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Seriously, I have a strange feeling JH is going to have a renaissance of sorts this year, I don't know why.
    Because Jarvis Jones will continue to be useless so JH will get lots of opportunity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    By Michael David Smith
    August 12, 2016, 7:28 PM EDT
    James Harrison welcomes Taylor Decker to the NFL

Lions first-round draft pick Taylor Decker is the starting left tackle tonight in his first preseason game. James Harrison, the Steelers’ 38-year-old outside linebacker, is teaching Decker a lesson.

Harrison steamrolled past Decker and hit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, forcing a fumble that the Steelers recovered to end the Lions’ first offensive drive. On the play before that, Stafford scrambled for a first down, but it was called back by a holding penalty on Decker.

Now one of the oldest players in the NFL, Harrison still looks as intimidating as ever on the football field. Decker is overmatched against him, and his performance tonight may make the Lions reconsider whether Decker will be ready to be their Week One starter protecting Stafford’s blind side.

Stafford came out of the game after the first drive. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger didn’t play at all. Both teams are trying to keep their key players healthy, but with Harrison on the field against a rookie, no quarterback is safe.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.