Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers working on extension for guard David DeCastro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We've seen this line without Decasto and without Pouncey.

This line was quite good without Pouncey. Without Decastro it was not good.
    As Decastro goes so does this line.
    I never thought Pouncey was worth his coin before the contract, last season he proved me right as the interior offense was FINE without him yet again.
    Most rushing touchdowns and highest ypc in Pounceys career...LAST SEASON with him injured featuring an aging backup scatback.

We need to pay Decastro.

exactly....

Legend

User Info Menu

"Hardly felt it" is right my friend.
    Wallace is an absolute scrub, NEVERTHELESS....
    Our running backs did less "running into someone" in the backfield last season as evidenced by the HIGHEST YARDS PER CARRY in Pounceys career.
    When everybody KNEW we needed short yardage, old man Deangelo LEAD THE CONFERENCE in touchdown runs, often right up the gut.

You know when we ROUTINELY got blown up in the backfield?
    WHEN DECASTRO WAS SUITING UP FOR STANFORD.

This season we had 16 rushing touchdowns.
    That has NEVER happened with Pouncey. Not once.
    The last time we did that JEFF HARTINGS was our center next to Alan Faneca, blocking for Jerome Bettis and fast Willie in his prime.

This season we have Decastro next to .....Wallace as center blocking for a 30 something scatback who is half a decade away from his last good season.

Decastro is BY FAR AND AWAY the best lineman on this team.

Our interior run game was as good as it has been since Bettis with a garbage center.

We could afford a "average" center and be fine without paying Pouncey a boatload of coin.
    Did you just refer to Jeff Hastings as a garbage center?!?!?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Right again Captain on many points...especially the statement about DeCastro being our best OL. I'd take him over Pouncey 8 days a week.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We HAD THAT minus Villa (the weakest link) already in 2014. The line was fine. Not much better than last season though.
    Yeah, but Gilbert wasn't at the level he is now. Back then, he was a minor prospect. This year, he was a legitimate All-Pro.
    Last edited by Shoe; 08-26-2016 at 12:23 AM.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He was referring to last season. I believe he was referring to Cody Wallace. The sentence, as it was written, could be parsed to your interpretation too, but its apparent that that wasn't the intention.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    He may well be garbage but I don't know who Mr Hastings is.

I mentioned Jeff Hartings who was the center the last time we had 16 touchdowns.
    No I was not calling HIM a scrub. I should have had a comma after Bettis as in:
    "Our interior run game was as good as it has been since Bettis, with a garbage center." (Garbage center is a reference to Wallace). My bad.

In my opinion Hartings is the best center we've had since Dirt

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, but Gilbert wasn't at the level he is now. Back then, he was a minor prospect. This year, he was a legitimate All-Pro.
    And Villanueva struggled more this season than Beachum, Gilbert or ANY tackle did in 2014.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

He may well be garbage but I don't know who Mr Hastings is.

I mentioned Jeff Hartings who was the center the last time we had 16 touchdowns.
    No I was not calling HIM a scrub. I should have had a comma after Bettis as in:
    "Our interior run game was as good as it has been since Bettis, with a garbage center." (Garbage center is a reference to Wallace). My bad.

In my opinion Hartings is the best center we've had since Dirt
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's eat, Grandma!

vs.

Let's eat Grandma!

Lack of commas use may be the first sign of potential cannibalism.

I guess writing Jeff Hartings as Jeff Hastings isn't as bad as writing Chuck Knox instead of Chuck Noll.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just restructured Mike Mitchell gaining another $2.2M in cap space

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/steelers-restructure-contract-s-mike-mitchell/[/url]