Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers working on extension for guard David DeCastro

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    agenda - b. Informal A usually unstated underlying motive: "Everyone has an agenda, whether he or she is honest about it or not"
    What is my "agenda"
    Agenda is one of those words people throw around when we have no answers.

Perhaps Wallace is my second cousin once removed (though I look much more like Pouncey)?

If I had an agenda it would be against MIKE Pouncey.
    His former backup's (Samson Satele) dad (a wasted NFL level talent himself out of high school) was my good friend and at nearly 300 pounds in high school always had my back as a kid.

There it is I hate Maurkice because I was a friend of his brothers former backups dad. My "agenda" has been exposed.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Please share your opinion as to why this sentiment, SO COMMON in years past has been missing from the board last season:
    There is no need to impose our will or try to be who we aren't. We are a passing team and we keep trying to run the ball for some stupid reason
    This was said during THE ONLY SEASON that Pouncey and Bell were both healthy.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 08-31-2016 at 03:12 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

✔@AdamSchefter
    Steelers moved up $4 million from next year to this year, boosting Antonio Brown's base salary to $10.25 this year, per source.

Good faith move by the steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

According to Dulac, Steelers are now close to finalizing a deal with DeCastro.

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/dulac-steelers-close-long-term-decastro-deal/[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

no. Your agenda is you keep bringing up a point you thought you were correct in years ago.
    Trying to use skewed "stats" to bolster your opinion
    others have done this in the past with M Wallace, Jarvis, Ben (not this board) etc.

All I have to say is I hope every one of our high draft picks becomes the disappointment pouncey is.

Heck, if half the D players we drafted so high recently approach his level, we won't have to watch the **** show of a defense we've witnessed over the last few years

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    According to Dulac, Steelers are now close to finalizing a deal with DeCastro.

[url]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/08/dulac-steelers-close-long-term-decastro-deal/[/url]
    Outstanding!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers, DeCastro “close” to extension
    Posted by Zac Jackson on September 7, 2016, 4:15 PM EDT

The Steelers and guard David DeCastro are “close” to finalizing a contract extension, ESPN reported Wednesday.

The Steelers don’t negotiate such deals during the season, so the deadline for getting a new deal done has been looming. DeCastro, 26, was a first-team All-Pro and went to his first Pro Bowl last season.

Not surprisingly, DeCastro’s teammates have spoken up, saying they believe DeCastro deserves a new contract. The Steelers picked up DeCastro’s fifth-year option in the spring, keeping him off the market in March 2017 in case a new deal wasn’t reached.

Last week, the Steelers shifted some salary with a raise for star wide receiver Antonio Brown. That and a new deal for DeCastro seemed to be priorities for the Steelers this summer as they prepared for the start of the 2016 eason.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/07/report-steelers-decastro-close-to-extension/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Report: Steelers, DeCastro “close” to extension
    Posted by Zac Jackson on September 7, 2016, 4:15 PM EDT

The Steelers and guard David DeCastro are “close” to finalizing a contract extension, ESPN reported Wednesday.

The Steelers don’t negotiate such deals during the season, so the deadline for getting a new deal done has been looming. DeCastro, 26, was a first-team All-Pro and went to his first Pro Bowl last season.

Not surprisingly, DeCastro’s teammates have spoken up, saying they believe DeCastro deserves a new contract. The Steelers picked up DeCastro’s fifth-year option in the spring, keeping him off the market in March 2017 in case a new deal wasn’t reached.

Last week, the Steelers shifted some salary with a raise for star wide receiver Antonio Brown. That and a new deal for DeCastro seemed to be priorities for the Steelers this summer as they prepared for the start of the 2016 eason.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/07/report-steelers-decastro-close-to-extension/[/URL]
    Let's get it done

Legend

User Info Menu

pay the man .....a huge amount so we cant have a good secondary...yeah
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    pay the man .....a huge amount so we cant have a good secondary...yeah
    Until there is someone in our secondary that is worth even a modest salary, you spend your big money to keep guys that have earned it...like David DeCastro this year, and Antonio Brown next year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.