Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Golson Hurt

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope they hit on Davis. The team is REALLY gonna need him to step in, now.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Artie improves as an outside corner, instead of using fellow rookie Davis in the slot, they could possibly use Burns and Cockrell outside and move Gay inside to Golson's empty slot position.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Report: Steelers expected to sign former TCU CB Kevin White
    by Bryan DeArdo
    45 minutes ago

The Steelers may have found their solution to losing Senquez Golson for the next three months.

On Tuesday night, reports surfaced stating that the team is expected to sign cornerback Kevin White Jr. to give Pittsburgh added depth in the secondary.

The deal may already be as good as done, as White posted the Steelers' logo on his Instagram page around 7:00 p.m. ET.

The 5'9, 183-pound White initially signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent. He also spent time with the Cardinals before landing back on the open market. A second-team All-Big 12 selection during his final season at TCU, White recorded 146 career tackles to go with six career interceptions. The reason he wasn't signed may have been recorded time of 4.63 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The 5'9, 183-pound White initially signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent. He also spent time with the Cardinals before landing back on the open market. A second-team All-Big 12 selection during his final season at TCU, White recorded 146 career tackles to go with six career interceptions. The reason he wasn't signed may have been recorded time of 4.63 seconds in the 40-yard dash.
    Great. Slow and short. Ugh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Report: Steelers expected to sign former TCU CB Kevin White
    by Bryan DeArdo
    45 minutes ago

The Steelers may have found their solution to losing Senquez Golson for the next three months.

On Tuesday night, reports surfaced stating that the team is expected to sign cornerback Kevin White Jr. to give Pittsburgh added depth in the secondary.

The deal may already be as good as done, as White posted the Steelers' logo on his Instagram page around 7:00 p.m. ET.

I'm optimistic about him. His write-up makes me think of a poorman's William Gay/Deshea Townsend. I know that's not a ringing endorsement...

I tell ya, I'd feel better about him if we had a teacher the level of Munchak on the OL is... Carnell can really earn his money, if he can make a guy like this guy, turn into a dependable pro. (He's done a good job so far with a similar, limited guy in Cockrell.)
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Great. Slow and short. Ugh.

Dont worry, what he lacks in speed he makes up in savv.....
    Come on who am I kidding he is small AND slow
    CORNERBACK perhaps the single position where a savvy cant fix lack of talent.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Again the secondary seems to be the weakest link...

Backup

User Info Menu

Looks like Golson will be like another 2nd round pick next year. Again.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I wouldn't read too much into this signing. Golson's injury probably increases the chance for someone like Donald Washington to make the team...or, it assures Doran Grant a spot when he was possibly on the bubble...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into this signing. Golson's injury probably increases the chance for someone like Donald Washington to make the team...or, it assures Doran Grant a spot when he was possibly on the bubble...
    I forgot about Doran Grant. A young guy like Doran Grant has a chance to get on the field and get some good playing exposure.

As for Golson, I'm an optimist. I hope the guy is able to put these two injuries behind him and still have a good, long career in the league. Maybe it was just a freak occurrence.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.