Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL to interview Deebo about Al-Jazeera PED report on 1st day of camp (not month off)

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL to interview Deebo about Al-Jazeera PED report on 1st day of camp (not month off)

NFL plans to interview Peppers, Matthews, Harrison about PEDs
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 24, 2016, 1:17 PM EDT

When training camps open, the NFL plans to interview Packers linebackers Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and Steelers linebacker James Harrison about allegations that they used performance-enhancing drugs.

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that the league informed the players’ union that officials will be there on the first day of training camp to question the three players, who were named in an Al-Jazeera America documentary about PEDs. An interview with free agent Mike Neal, also named in the documentary, is also expected to take place within the next four weeks. But the biggest name in the documentary, Peyton Manning, was not named in a letter from NFL V.P. Adolpho Birch to the players’ union.

“On January 11, 2016, the league notified Messrs. Peppers, Neal, Matthews and Harrison that it had initiated an investigation following the airing of the Al-Jazeera America documentary, which raised serious issues concerning their possible violation of the NFL/NFLPA Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances,” Birch’s letter said. “The players were further advised that, with their full and timely cooperation, the investigation would be conducted expeditiously and with minimal disruption.

“While the investigation has proceeded, we have yet to interview the players. We have attempted since early April to work through the NFLPA to schedule them, but despite multiple requests the NFLPA has failed to respond, except to seek reconsideration of the basis for the investigation. This continuing delay and avoidance has obstructed our ability to conduct and conclude the investigation.

“In fairness to all, including the players involved, we must move forward with the interviews. Accordingly, this will advise that the interviews of Messrs. Peppers, Matthews and Harrison will be scheduled for the first day of their respective training camps, and the interview of Mr. Neal (free agent) will take place on or before July 22. The players will be advised of the specific scheduling details by separate correspondence on which the NFLPA will be copied, and of course an NFLPA representative may attend each interview should the player so request.”

The NFL is also investigating the allegations against Manning, although any league discipline would be meaningless now that he’s retired. If the NFL finds that Peppers, Matthews, Harrison or Neal violated the league’s PED policy, that could result in suspensions even if they’ve never failed a drug test. It is unknown whether the four players plan to answer all of the NFL’s questions — and whether the league would discipline the players if they don’t fully cooperate.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/24/nfl-plans-to-interview-peppers-matthews-harrison-about-peds/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The players are willing to submit to interviews over Al Jazeera report
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 24, 2016, 1:38 PM EDT

Yes, the NFL plans to interview multiple players regarding allegations of PED use arising from an Al Jazeera report. No, the players aren’t the ones dragging their feet.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the players in question — Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, James Harrison, and Mike Neal — are and have been willing to submit to interviews, along with free-agent Mike Neal. The delay arises from an inability of the NFL and NFL Players Association to reach an agreement on the scope of the interviews and other factors relevant to the process.

The NFLPA understandably is concerned about the precedent this could set, given the questions that have emerged regarding the credibility of the Al Jazeera report. If interviews proceed based on the information reported by Al Jazeera, what else could spark an investigation? A claim on social media that a player used steroids? An anonymous tip to the league office that a player bought HGH?

As a result, the union is pushing back on behalf of all players, even though the players currently involved insist that they have no concerns about the issue and, likewise, nothing to hide.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/24/the-players-are-willing-to-submit-to-interviews-over-al-jazeera-report/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It's simple:

Answer no questions, destroy your cell phone, challenge the suspension in court, and then retire after the season.

Almost TOO easy...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is getting ugly:

[url]http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-James-Harrison-fires-back-at-NFL-regarding-PED-testing-45996312[/url]

I agree with Harrison in a lot of ways. I just hope this doesn't become a distraction or end up with him getting punished out of principle.

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison: I’ll only give a PED interview if Goodell comes to my house
    Posted by Michael David Smith on June 27, 2016, 6:04 AM EDT

The NFL plans to send investigators to the first day of Steelers training camp to interview linebacker James Harrison about allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs. Harrison says other ideas.

In a statement he posted on Instagram, Harrison said he’ll give an interview, but only if Commissioner Roger Goodell shows up at his house to do it.

“I never had a bully before in my life and I’m DAMN sure not about to have one at this point. But since I’m a nice guy & don’t mind helping to clear the air in the name of the NFL Shield, I’ll do this interview,” Harrison wrote. “WITH THESE STIPULATIONS: The interview will be done at MY house. BEFORE training camp. On a date of MY choosing. AND Mr. Goodell must be present.”

Harrison has said many derogatory things about Goodell, including, “I hate him and will never respect him.” Goodell probably won’t be taking Harrison up on the invitation to his house.

What’s clear is that the NFL’s investigation of the Al Jazeera documentary about performance-enhancing drugs is a long way from over. The other players accused in that documentary — Peyton Manning, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mike Neal — are also subject to the NFL’s investigation. Those players, however, haven’t made comments as inflammatory as Harrison’s.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/27/james-harrison-ill-only-give-a-ped-interview-if-goodell-comes-to-my-house/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Now the NFL is giving credibility to a terrorist propaganda blog. Sad days!

First day of camp, Harrison will be on the veterans sit and watch program anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

NFL has no comment on James Harrison’s interview “stipulations”
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2016, 10:16 AM EDT

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has expressed a willingness to be interviewed in connection with the NFL’s Al Jazeera-fueled PED investigation, subject to certain stipulations. Those stipulations include doing the interview: (1) at Harrison’s home; and (2) with Commissioner Roger Goodell present.

The NFL has told PFT via email that it has no comment on Harrison’s comments.

The league may have plenty to say if Harrison ultimately refuses to be interviewed if his stipulations aren’t met, as they likely won’t be. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension supposedly arose, at least in part, from his obstruction of the league’s investigation.

The league also could conclude that Harrison violated the PED policy, in the absence of a denial from Harrison that he violated the PED policy.

Here’s where it gets complicated, and also potentially fascinating. A PED suspension would be subject to appeal under the PED policy, which as of 2014 incorporates neutral arbitration. A suspension for obstructing an NFL investigation arguably would fall under Article 46 of the labor deal, which allows the Commissioner to have final say over all matters that potentially threaten the integrity of the game.

Either way, Harrison won’t be able to stonewall without consequence. The specific consequence eventually will be determined, possibly in court.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/27/nfl-has-no-comment-on-james-harrisons-interview-stipulations/[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

NFLPA demands “credible evidence” of PED violation by Harrison, Matthews, Peppers, Neal
    Posted by Mike Florio on June 29, 2016, 10:50 AM EDT

The dance continues between the NFL and the NFL Players Association regarding the Al Jazeera PED allegations, and at this point it’s becoming a mosh pit.

The NFL Players Association has sent a letter to the NFL on behalf of Steelers linebacker James Harrison, in which the union reiterates its request “that the NFL inform him and the NFLPA whether the NFL possesses any credible evidence (e.g., verified documents or verified testimony of witnesses) that warrants an interview of Mr. Harrison regarding a potential violation” of the PED policy.

Although the letter doesn’t expressly take the position that Harrison has no obligation to cooperate until the NFL disciplines him based on “credible evidence” of a violation, the message is clear: Harrison apparently won’t be doing anything unless and until the NFL produces “credible evidence” beyond the remarks contained in the Al Jazeera report.

“Especially in a business where the mere mention of a player-employee’s name can generate ratings for a broadcaster, the NFLPA and Mr. Harrison do not believe that unsupported, unsubstantiated verbal remarks provide ‘sufficient credible evidence’ to initiate an investigation of, and require an interview with, an employee.”

The letter, a copy of which PFT has obtained, mentions only Harrison. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the same letter was sent on behalf of all other active players implicated by the Al Jazeera report: Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers, and Mike Neal.

The PED policy seems to contemplate that the player accused of a PED violation won’t be required to provide information until discipline is imposed based on “credible documented evidence” that the rules were broken. The NFLPA apparently is willing to entertain the possibility of a pre-discipline interview if — and only if — the NFL puts the same cards on the table that would be placed on the table if discipline is imposed and the appeal process commences.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/nflpa-demands-credible-evidence-regarding-james-harrison-ped-allegation/[/URL]

Banned

User Info Menu

James basically whipped out his schlong and smacked Roger Goodell in the forehead with it.

This is great! Unless Art II orders James to step and fetch, Goodell will back down, he always does when someone dare challenges him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Art Rooney II View Post
    Unless Art II orders James to step and fetch
    Only Chadman is allowed to refer to himself in the third person on this board, Art II.

Yet another example of inconsistent rules that aren't applied equally across the board.