Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians 'retirement"

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians 'retirement"

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/17/bruce-arians-opens-up-about-his-steelers-retirement/[/url]

i could have swore tomlin, and his fans, said he wanted arians gone an fired him..............strange
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Just because Tomlin told him that doesn't mean that's what really happened. And if Tomlin doesn't have the pull to extend a successful assistant then exactly what role is Tomlin really playing.....Seems like a lot is still missing from this story.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

interesting clip. not sure what arians is trying to accomplish. the NFL is a notorious club. outsiders rarely succeed. As much as tomlin may control the team - ultimate control still rests with the rooneys. we'll never know how hard tomlin fought for BA - but if artie and dan wanted him gone, he was gone. and for BA to not at least acknowledge they may have had a part in the decision seems disingenuous to me - and a bit cowardly. happy to take on a fellow coach - but not the guys who actually pay the money.

at some point his time in arizona will end. it will be interesting to see how long the memories are of coaches/teams who may not want to be his next target.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians is a better HC than OC. Good for him that it worked out so well elsewhere, but it was time for him to leave the Steelers.

It would have been a tough phone call for MT to make, being friends with BA and all, but while nothing in the story indicates that Tomlin came up with the idea to let Bruce go, neither is there any confirmation that he was necessarily against it. I still say MT owns that move.

Maybe BA will get his "grudge match" in a Super Bowl against the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Arians is a better HC than OC. Good for him that it worked out so well elsewhere, but it was time for him to leave the Steelers.

It would have been a tough phone call for MT to make, being friends with BA and all, but while nothing in the story indicates that Tomlin came up with the idea to let Bruce go, neither is there any confirmation that he was necessarily against it. I still say MT owns that move.

Maybe BA will get his "grudge match" in a Super Bowl against the Steelers.
    EXACTLY
    Dude NEVER had a TOP 10 offense as an OC. People talk about the SB win he had. That team was twenty something in scoring and yardage. The defense CARRIED his offense to the SB. We scored more than 20 offensive points ONCE in the post season. His OFFENSE scored TWENTY points against an AVERAGE AZ defense, James Harrison is the only reason we had a chance in the end.

Haileys Card offense out scored ours going against THE TOP DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE. Hailey CALLED GREAT PLAYS, that took advantage of Troy's inclination to creep towards the LOS, getting him out of position on pass plays. After the very start of the game the offense under Arians was stale. Even the game winning drive was all Ben.

Haileys OFFENSE carried a bad AZ defense to that game. Haileys OFFENSE was better than Arians even in a loss.

BA is a very good head coach. But as an OC? Last season was the only time as a Steeler OR A CARDINAL that his DEFENSE was not the better unit on an Arians team. Look it up.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Would anyone really want Arians over Haley? I don't. Ben has thrived under Haley and he was barely physically surviving under Arians

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW--why do we care about what Arians or his wife thinks about something that took place years ago?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Would anyone really want Arians over Haley? I don't. Ben has thrived under Haley and he was barely physically surviving under Arians
    Yeah, but that was LeBeau's fault.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Yeah, but that was LeBeau's fault.

Probably true which is why he got the boot too

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    BTW--why do we care about what Arians or his wife thinks about something that took place years ago?
    Why did anybody care enough to make a story out of it again?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.