Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report: Le'Veon Bell Skipped Drug Test, Facing Suspension

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    In a follow up to lazy inaccurate reporting -

Local media reported Mark Madden drove by Krispy Kreme on the way to work - and didn't stop.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Even his original tweet said it was a rumor. Why anyone give this fat, ignorant piece of sh!t any notice is beyond me. Piece of human garbage.

Because some people love the negatives, especially in the boring off season

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is debunked, but I also saw elsewhere that Bell would need to flunk a few tests before he'd be suspended, so even if true, no need to panic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think this is debunked, but I also saw elsewhere that Bell would need to flunk a few tests before he'd be suspended, so even if true, no need to panic.
    He was already suspended once for being under the influence of marijuana while driving. I can't imagine that he'd be allowed to flunk a few test to avoid another suspension.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    He was already suspended once for being under the influence of marijuana while driving. I can't imagine that he'd be allowed to flunk a few test to avoid another suspension.
    Correct. If he fails a test or skips a test he'll be out for a year
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    Are there no consequences for a "reporter" "reporting" false BS like this?
    No. Journalists are among the least respected professionals for a reason, particularly political journalists that for the most part are liars, hacks and agenda driven propagandists. Sports journalists are prone to spreading a fair amount of gossip, but at least they are not altering people's perceptions of reality on issues outside of entertainment.

It is also an incredibly overrated field in terms of intellectual achievement. Journalists are paid to write down what other people say and, if they are doing their jobs right, maybe make some phone calls and pull some documents to make sure those things are true before they write them. With the exception of actual investigative reporting, this is not that difficult a job. And these scumbags act like they are some priestly caste, when in reality most of them obtain their information from sources who are using them to spread tainted information for their own benefit. And the price of spreading that information is protecting the source. And when they are not spreading rumors and lies for profit, they are openly fanning the flames of conflict and division for profit (think of the coverage of Zimmerman, Ferguson, etc).

Sorry for the rant, but it's always been a big pet peeve of mine how there is next to zero accountability for journalists. They can literally ruin people's lives and even get people killed and hide behind the First Amendment.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Correct. If he fails a test or skips a test he'll be out for a year
    Actually that is not correct. When he was suspended for pleading guilty to DUI (of marijuana) that violation fell under the NFL/NFLPA previous drug policy, but her was penalized under the new policy which resulted in a 3 game suspension for a first DUI offense. He appealed it down to a 2 game suspension, but it only counted on the new policy as his entry into the drug intervention program because the date put it under the previous policy (he really should not have been suspended at all based on when it happened; the previous policy carried no suspension for a first offense).

Now, a player actually has to fail or miss SIX tests to be subject to a year's suspension.

The DUI triggered his entry into the program, but under current policy would carry no other penalty.

Fines at the 2nd and 3rd missed / failed tests.
    Four game suspension at the 4th missed / failed test.
    Ten game suspension at the 5th missed / failed test.
    Full season suspension at the 6th missed / failed test.

His DUI counted as his first failed test. He would need to have missed FIVE tests since his DUI to get a full season suspension.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post
    Actually that is not correct. When he was suspended for pleading guilty to DUI (of marijuana) that violation fell under the NFL/NFLPA previous drug policy, but her was penalized under the new policy which resulted in a 3 game suspension for a first DUI offense. He appealed it down to a 2 game suspension, but it only counted on the new policy as his entry into the drug intervention program because the date put it under the previous policy (he really should not have been suspended at all based on when it happened; the previous policy carried no suspension for a first offense).

Now, a player actually has to fail or miss SIX tests to be subject to a year's suspension.

The DUI triggered his entry into the program, but under current policy would carry no other penalty.

Fines at the 2nd and 3rd missed / failed tests.
    Four game suspension at the 4th missed / failed test.
    Ten game suspension at the 5th missed / failed test.
    Full season suspension at the 6th missed / failed test.

His DUI counted as his first failed test. He would need to have missed FIVE tests since his DUI to get a full season suspension.
    So, with all that you spewed we are to assume Bryant was on his 6th offense?
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, and it's been reported in multiple places that he must have failed 6 tests. I would bet that he had already failed or missed four tests when they picked Sammie Coates in 2015 draft to be suspended first 4-games of season, otherwise why pick a receiver that is basically the same as Bryant? I would further guess that his "injury" that kept him off the field for the first half of his rookie year may have been an unofficial team discipline (as in, they can't actually discipline him beyond what the league already handed down in fines, but they can make him inactive).

Legend

User Info Menu

I never did see this documented in the press. But he had a 4 game suspension last year and presumably missed multiple tests since then. It was also speculated that he may have failed for something other than marijuana. Damn shame. Such an amazing talent.