Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ben, Landry Jones Welcome New Babies

Legend

User Info Menu

CL...that goes to show you...still in denial. Depression not addiction. Thats why he does drugs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

He sought help for "addiction" last season.
    I say he knows he has a problem with it.

"Depression issues" (which I would have after blowing my chance) might just agent speak so the public has more compassion for his client. Bottom line, he is getting help and I would be shocked if it weren't focused on substance abuse.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 05-28-2016 at 07:44 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

1) IIRC, Bryant did not actually test positive...he missed a test which is summarily interpreted as an automatic failure...I also read that Bryant passed a drug screening in order to purchase an insurance policy...

At any rate, the idea that Bryant suffers from some kind of depression and/or anxiety and self-medicated with marijuana does not seem like a far fetched idea to me...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

If only there were some good news to distract us from all of this drug suspension and addiction talk...someone should start a happy thread like one about babies being born or something like that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If only there were some good news to distract us from all of this drug suspension and addiction talk...someone should start a happy thread like one about babies being born or something like that.
    I hear ya, the thread hijack was on me. My bad ESPECIALLY since I usually am pretty positive. My next comment will be on point

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    And the 2039 Steelers franchise QB.
    I know.....I can't wait to til little Landry Jones grows up to take the reins.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    1) IIRC, Bryant did not actually test positive...he missed a test which is summarily interpreted as an automatic failure...I also read that Bryant passed a drug screening in order to purchase an insurance policy...

At any rate, the idea that Bryant suffers from some kind of depression and/or anxiety and self-medicated with marijuana does not seem like a far fetched idea to me...
    In the interest in respecting Our moderators wishes this will be the last I say on this subject. But I think it's important enough to state. Most human beings deal with anxiety, depression, feelings of not being comfortable in their own skin, guilt/shame etc and so forth...at some point in their lives. Yet only 10-15% use addictive drugs as a solution to that pain. They do so because te chemicals work for them( at least for a time). The rest of the world finds other solutions. Drug addicts have distinct metabolism and brain chemistry that causes them to react to drugs much like an allergy. But instead of hives they get craving and obsessive compulsive desire to use. Many people never experience this when they have a drink. Treating the depression in these cases will not take care of the problematic drug use. It has to be treated as a primary disorder. And usually when you treat the addiction the psychological symptoms improve.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I know.....I can't wait to til little Landry Jones grows up to take the reins.
    who knows, maybe he would be able to throw a better ball than his good old dad.
    Trolls are people too.