Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le’Veon Bell thinks Bengals, other teams try to hurt him

Legend

User Info Menu

Le’Veon Bell thinks Bengals, other teams try to hurt him

Le’Veon Bell thinks Bengals, other teams try to hurt him

Posted by Josh Alper on May 24, 2016, 1:52 PM EDT

Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell was on the field doing individual drills with his Steelers teammates on Tuesday, something that hasn’t been the case since he tore his MCL in a November 1 game against the Bengals.

Bell’s injury became a talking point in the war of words between the teams after the Steelers took issue with Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict’s reaction to the hit that injured Bell. On Tuesday, Bell revisited that game and said he felt that members of the Bengals other than Burfict were trying to hurt him during the game.

“I don’t think it was just [Burfict]; it was like the whole team was really out there trying to like twist my ankles and do little dirty stuff in between the piles,” Bell said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Bell added that the Bengals aren’t the only team that tries to “take me out of the game.”

“Umm, a couple, but obviously a lot of teams in our division really play that same way, so obviously I know that — I just was kind of ignorant to that at first because I didn’t think people played like that,” Bell said.

Bell said those experiences taught him to take “nothing for granted” once he returns to a full workload. He expects that to happen at training camp, which would keep him right on track for a return to the lineup in Week One.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/24/leveon-bell-thinks-bengals-other-teams-try-to-hurt-him/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

He's right.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

just like we try to hurt other players with hard hits..

it's football.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    just like we try to hurt other players with hard hits..

it's football.
    Huge difference between inflicting pain via a big hit and an obvious intent to injure like Burfict twisting Cam Newton's leg.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hate that he brought it up. I feel the Bengals will try even harder to hurt him.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

STFU bell.
    you are letting the bengals know they are in your head.
    ill be curious to see how bell performs when we play them
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Starter

User Info Menu

The only way through this is by force.

He must assume the role of wrecking ball when he plays them...

...with a little Baryshnikov mixed in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    The only way through this is by force.

He must assume the role of wrecking ball when he plays them...

...with a little Baryshnikov mixed in.
    May the Force be with him

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Huge difference between inflicting pain via a big hit and an obvious intent to injure like Burfict twisting Cam Newton's leg.
    Cam isn't Leveon Bell...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Cam isn't Leveon Bell...
    Nope. Bell was actually injured by Burfict.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.