Thread: Training camp 2016

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Training camp 2016

I'm thinking about going this year, and I'm curious about some things. First off, do they have official dates yet? I go to Steelers.com, but they have last year's dates. When do they usually release the schedule for training camp. Second (more generally): is it fun to go? I know you're going to say yes, but I'd just like people to tell what they particularly enjoy about being at TC.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm thinking about going this year, and I'm curious about some things. First off, do they have official dates yet? I go to Steelers.com, but they have last year's dates. When do they usually release the schedule for training camp. Second (more generally): is it fun to go? I know you're going to say yes, but I'd just like people to tell what they particularly enjoy about being at TC.
    Also, are they going to have TC scrimmages with Buffalo this year? I thought they were supposed to last year, but they got cancelled.

Legend

User Info Menu

Date set for start of Steelers' training camp
    Posted 22 minutes ago

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

The Steelers will return to Saint Vincent College for the 51st year.

It’s the time of year Steelers’ fans mark on their calendar, the unofficial start of the 2016 season.

And now there is a date to circle.

The Steelers are scheduled to report to Saint Vincent College on Thursday, July 28, for the start of training camp.

For fans, the key date will be Friday, July 29, the team’s first practice that is open to the public.

Saint Vincent College, located in Latrobe, Pa., in the Laurel Mountains, is home to training camp for the 51st straight year.

Six Super Bowl championship teams have held training camp at Saint Vincent College, and Hall of Famers have adorned the practice fields.

The complete, day-to-day, training camp schedule will be available on steelers.com in June.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Date-set-for-start-of-Steelers-training-camp/09689e27-ee6f-4f7b-a303-baf7fdcf4e08[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Also, are they going to have TC scrimmages with Buffalo this year? I thought they were supposed to last year, but they got cancelled.
    I think the TC scrimmages with the Bills ended when sexy Rexy took over in Buffalo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I think the TC scrimmages with the Bills ended when sexy Rexy took over in Buffalo.
    It's too bad because Bills TC is pretty close to our place, so I'd go out to see them if the Steelers were in town.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers, Lions to hold joint practices
    Posted 1 hour ago

Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Before they play in the preseason, the Steelers and Lions will practice against each other.

The Steelers open the 2016 preseason against the Detroit Lions at Heinz Field on Friday, Aug. 12, and the teams will have a chance to become familiar with each other well before kickoff.

The Steelers and Lions will hold joint training camp practices on Tuesday, Aug. 9 and Wednesday, Aug. 10 at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe.

Joint practices have gained popularity in the NFL over the last five years, an opportunity for teams who have already been in a camp for a few weeks to break the monotony and gain valuable practice time.

This will mark the second time the Steelers have held a joint practice under Coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers held two joint practices against the Buffalo Bills at Saint Vincent College in 2014.

In the late 80s under Coach Chuck Noll, and during Coach Bill Cowher’s early years, the Steelers and Washington Redskins held joint practices, but that ended when the Redskins moved their training camp to their practice facility at Redskins Park.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Lions-to-hold-joint-practices/9de8214c-a6c7-4f85-bcc5-c7ddd4ba2b0b[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

2016 Training Camp schedule announced
    Posted 4 hours ago

The first practice open to the public will be held on Friday, July 29.

The Steelers announced their complete 2016 training camp schedule today.

For the 51st consecutive year, the Steelers will hold training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa. The team will report to Saint Vincent College on Thursday, July 28.

Pittsburgh will have 14 total practices that are open to the public, with the first one taking place on Friday, July 29. The team’s first padded practice will take place on Sunday, July 31. On Friday, August 5, the Steelers will hold their annual night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium at 7 p.m. The Steelers’ final practice open to the public will be on Tuesday, August 16.

In addition, the Steelers and Detroit Lions will participate in joint practice sessions Tuesday, August 9 and Wednesday, August 10.

Below is the team’s complete 2016 training camp schedule. For the most up-to-date information visit steelers.com.

Steelers 2016 Training Camp Schedule

DAY

DATE

PRACTICE SCHEDULE

Thursday

July 28

All players report by 4 p.m.

Friday

July 29

2:55 p.m. (Open To Public)

Saturday

July 30

Sunday

July 31

Monday

August 1

Tuesday

August 2

Players Day Off (No Practice)

Wednesday

August 3

Thursday

August 4

Friday

August 5

7 p.m. Latrobe Memorial Stadium (Open To Public)

Saturday

August 6

Sunday

August 7

Monday

August 8

Tuesday

August 9

Joint Practice with Detroit
    (Time TBD; Open To Public)

Wednesday

August 10

Joint Practice with Detroit
    (Time TBD; Open To Public)

Thursday

August 11

Practice Not Open To Public

Friday

August 12

First Preseason Game
    vs. Detroit (7 p.m. KDKA-TV)

Saturday

August 13

Sunday

August 14

Monday

August 15

Tuesday

August 16

Wednesday

August 17

Practice Not Open To Public

Thursday

August 18

Second Preseason Game
    vs. Philadelphia (7 p.m. KDKA-TV)

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/2016-Training-Camp-schedule-announced/e582b91e-2487-4237-8c7a-bc69e8cc137f[/URL]