Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Decline 5th Year Option on JJ

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Decline 5th Year Option on JJ

J Fowler reports the Steelers will not pick up the option on Jarvis Jones:

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers[/url]

I think this surprises ... no one. Guy has had plenty of chances to live up to his pick and he isn't worth +$8M / yr.

Legend

User Info Menu

how do you not pick up the option on the 'steal of the draft' player?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Welp didn't see this one coming....bust!

Legend

User Info Menu

"With the 32nd selection of the 2017 draft, the Steelers select LB .........". I'll let you all fill in the blank.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just means they didn't think he was worth that much money for one year. Still a chance they could resign him to a cap friendly extension. Still has a chance to bring it this year. And hopefully he does as that helps the D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Just means they didn't think he was worth that much money for one year. Still a chance they could resign him to a cap friendly extension. Still has a chance to bring it this year. And hopefully he does as that helps the D.
    They were talking about this with another player but it applies to JJ; they didn't think that 6.5+million was a good starting place for negotiations. I don't know what the 5th year option would have been for JJ, but I'm sure they wanted to start at a number lower than what the option would have been. I think they'll resign him for less.

Legend

User Info Menu

Smart decision. You don't waste money on a guy who has done nothing since he got here to justify his draft status. Maybe playing for a contract will be the motivation he need to actually produce. Here's to hoping, but not counting on it. Unfortunately, he will likely go down as one of our worst#1 picks in along time
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    Welp didn't see this one coming....bust!
    Pretty obvious to anyone who wanted to see his real performance not the spin.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

looks like the 2013 draft class was mostly a bust. There were a lot of 5th year options that weren't used this year.

[url]https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fifth-year-options-declined--mingo--warmack--ej-manuel--patterson-190443294.html[/url]
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    looks like the 2013 draft class was mostly a bust. There were a lot of 5th year options that weren't used this year.

[URL]https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/fifth-year-options-declined--mingo--warmack--ej-manuel--patterson-190443294.html[/URL]
    So, are all of these guys free agents or do they negotiate with their current team or restricted free agents, etc?

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount