Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch will haunt us...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Don't want to wait tell Ben is done ...better be looking in the next 2 drafts....

Neither do I, but I also don't want to pick up a random QB out of fear 3 to 5 years from now.

I think Ben is playing for another 5 years or until AB and Bell move on. No way Ben walks away while we have all these weapons on offense.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If things work out just right I could see Landry Jones being the next Cliff Stoudt. Groom him as Ben's successor for 6 years then when Ben's injuries finally catch up to him you make him the starter. After that you just wait another 20 years or so until you can draft another HOF QB.
    Last edited by The Man of Steel; 05-03-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Very valid point!!! Can someone please tell me why we turn it in so dam quick??? Whats the point? Leave as much time for another team to make you a deal....
    They turned it quickly, IMO, because they are setting themselves up to win Super Bowls over the next 5 years while Ben is still great. You have to balance planning for the future and winning now. The Steelers need to win now with Ben. Drafting his replacement would have hindered their ability to fix the areas of the team that, in all likelihood, are most likely to be the reason they don't win Super Bowls.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    If things work out just right I could see Landry Jones being the next Cliff Stoudt. Groom him as Ben's successor for 6 years then when Ben's injuries finally catch up to him you make him the starter. After that you just wait another 20 years or so until you can draft another HOF QB.
    haha.. I see Landry as a decent stop gap for 4 or 5 years until we find a replacement.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    haha.. I see Landry as a decent stop gap for 4 or 5 years until we find a replacement.
    Or...Ben retires, and Landry accelerates the process by leading us to a 2-14 season in his first year as a starter, and we use the subsequent 1st overall pick on our next franchise QB.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't want to wait tell Ben is done ...better be looking in the next 2 drafts....
    I would look for a development type of guy. No earlier then the 3rd rd

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I would look for a development type of guy. No earlier then the 3rd rd
    In other words, Landry Jones version 2.0
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Considering how much the Steelers like to take on project players with upside...I'm surprised they didn't draft Cardele Jones.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Considering how much the Steelers like to take on project players with upside...I'm surprised they didn't draft Cardele Jones.
    They already had Cardale Jones on the roster once. It was back when he was still going by the name of "Byron Leftwich."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The chances of finding a franchise QB of the future picking from the draft slot of a playoff team is pretty darn small. So far, the board has been able to come up with 2 franchise QB's picked in the late first round since 1983. Rodgers, because teams were scared off by the fact that Jeff Tedford QB's were flops as pros before then, and Marino, because of rumored cocaine use. That's the list since the Reagan administration.
    Well damn... thanks for dating me... LOL
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion