Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paxton Lynch will haunt us...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Paxton Lynch will haunt us...

He was right there ...and we passed....I would have taken him
    over burns for sure.....This is when we need to look and grab for a replacement and\or backup for Ben.....
    He will haunt us in the future....Without Ben who do we have to carry us?
    Don't care what it would have cost us or what are position needs are right now....
    It takes a whole team but, starts with an Elite Quarterback!!

Legend

User Info Menu

QB in Round 1...made zero sense this year with so many other needs. You don't draft a guy to sit for 3-4 years and ignore real needs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    QB in Round 1...made zero sense this year with so many other needs. You don't draft a guy to sit for 3-4 years and ignore real needs.
    My thinking based on Ben's pass injuries no way he last 3-4 years..And every year he misses games so, no he wouldn't sit on the bench for 3-4 years....

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben will play until he's 45.

(I don't really think so, but hey, we can dream...)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So let me get this straight, our draft should be like this, draft every player that we feel is going to hurt us and ignore the needs that will help us hurt teams..... O ok
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    So let me get this straight, our draft should be like this, draft every player that we feel is going to hurt us and ignore the needs that will help us hurt teams..... O ok
    No ...not hurt us in the context against games with Denver but, not having him when, we don't have Ben...I guess you don't remember passing on Marino and then having Those painful
    years with Stewart......I do it's very clear in my mind.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But we don't have Kordell , what we have is a qb , top three at that in the NFL that will play at least 4 more at a high level. Do you draft to win in two years oppose to 5.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Naah... don't like Lynch enough to take there. He was a 2nd round prospect by most accounts, 3rd by others. It was only when guys started moving up to get other QBs that he became a potential 1st rounder.

So, you're suggesting that not only should they have reached, but they should have done it for a guy who wouldn't play for several seasons.

There'll be a guy when we see Ben's window closing... and we'll make a move then
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

The only thing haunting about the Paxton Lynch scenario is Jerry Jones now saying that he lost sleep this weekend knowing that he should have overpaid to go get Lynch.

If Denver was willing to give up 1.31 and 3.94 to move up to Seattle's spot at 1.26, what might Jerry have been willing to admittedly overpay to move up to our spot at 1.25 instead?

We shouldn't have turned in our card so quickly...should have used our full allotted time to field calls from Valley Ranch.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I can see that point, but I'm sure it was weighed against the value of drafting a guy who is perhaps the most athletically gifted CB in the draft...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.