Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Round Pick-Sean Davis S Maryland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

2nd Round Pick-Sean Davis S Maryland

Very intriguing pick. He was playing out of position at CB but did his best. Might make an excellent S. I gotta say, it feels like the Steelers are drafting for 2017 and beyond. That's okay if you are a rebuilding team but there so close that some immediate help could really push them over the top. Again, if they can coach the two up we are golden. That's a big if for me. There will be no excuses. Both players (and Golson) are very talented and athletic. The three best molds of clay the coaches have ever had to work with outside of Ike and Troy. I'm very excited..for 2017. I'm holding out hope that they are trying for home runs these first two picks at need positions but they have more ready players in mind later in the draft in mind.

You have to be happy that the Steelers finally inserting some very athletic high upside secondary players. It's much better than what they've had for the last few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelYinzer View Post
    I gotta say, it feels like the Steelers are drafting for 2017 and beyond. That's okay if you are a rebuilding team but there so close that some immediate help could really push them over the top.
    Yep. Looks like the Steelers aren't drafting to fix the D this season. All the players they've taken in rounds 1-3, while holding much potential, are very raw, and will need a lot of coaching up. I feel as though Davis, like Burns, was a bit of a reach, but if he develops into a solid player, it will have been a "good" reach. Hargraves was picked about where he belongs, IMO, and hopefully can contribute at some point during the season. If these guys all pan out, the D could be special in a couple of years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Yep. Looks like the Steelers aren't drafting to fix the D this season. All the players they've taken in rounds 1-3, while holding much potential, are very raw, and will need a lot of coaching up. I feel as though Davis, like Burns, was a bit of a reach, but if he develops into a solid player, it will have been a "good" reach. Hargraves was picked about where he belongs, IMO, and hopefully can contribute at some point during the season. If these guys all pan out, the D could be special in a couple of years.
    Well, I know it's premature, but according to Carnell Lake's interview regarding Davis, the guy may be starting next to Mitchell immediately. Says he's smart as hell (knows 3 languages) and will pick up play book with ease. And safety will be easier to grasp at this level than at corner because he knows both positions from MD. I guess time will tell... Hope he stays healthy and go thru a full training camp...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, I know it's premature, but according to Carnell Lake's interview regarding Davis, the guy may be starting next to Mitchell immediately. Says he's smart as hell (knows 3 languages) and will pick up play book with ease. And safety will be easier to grasp at this level than at corner because he knows both positions from MD. I guess time will tell... Hope he stays healthy and go thru a full training camp...
    Didn't Carnell Lake also say that Antwan Blake was going to be the answer at CB?

After seeing how long it took Mitchell to figure out playing safety for the Steelers, I'm skeptical that a rookie as raw as Davis is going to be able to step in right away as a starter. Got to say, I hope Lake is right, and that Davis turns out to be all that Lake believes he will be...and soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Didn't Carnell Lake also say that Antwan Blake was going to be the answer at CB?

After seeing how long it took Mitchell to figure out playing safety for the Steelers, I'm skeptical that a rookie as raw as Davis is going to be able to step in right away as a starter. Got to say, I hope Lake is right, and that Davis turns out to be all that Lake believes he will be...and soon.
    Our starters in the secondary this year will be Mike Mitchell and Robert Golden as the safeties, William Gay and Ross Cockrell as outside CB's and Golson as the slot CB. Also, Daniel McCullers will be our 3-4 base NT. The guys we just drafted will learn this year and play special teams. But all 3 could be starters in 2017.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Our starters in the secondary this year will be Mike Mitchell and Robert Golden as the safeties, William Gay and Ross Cockrell as outside CB's and Golson as the slot CB. Also, Daniel McCullers will be our 3-4 base NT. The guys we just drafted will learn this year and play special teams. But all 3 could be starters in 2017.
    That's how I see it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I like Davis more than Burns, personally.

[URL="http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades2.php"]Media is giving it decent grades so far.[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I see pro bowl seasons for all three, this year!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I see pro bowl seasons for all three, this year!

Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnn...

This is the kinda optimism that gets me through the day!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    Maaaaaaaaaaaaannnn...

This is the kinda optimism that gets me through the day!
    HaHaHaHa!! I like it. I just bought season tickets!!! LoL
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!