Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday 2nd & 3rd round. What"s our next move?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Friday 2nd & 3rd round. What"s our next move?

Okay we've vented but we got a corner. So it's done now how do we proceed?

Double up on corner? Not likely. Safety? More likely. Bell if he is there and we brought him in likely on the radar. T J Green will be in the discussion n he also came in.
    D line players available with big upside include Robinson n Reed from Alabama. Billings , Jones ,Ward n Johnson are also linemen who fit our front and we are thin here so talent and need may match up. Dodd ,Nassib n Ogbah are talented but to me more 4-3 de's.
    OLB wow Jack likely gone but a medical gamble. I would pass. Cravens is a hybrid but I'm not sold on him as a olb in the 2nd. Spence would be an upgrade on JJ. Not sure if it's a huge upgrade but he would have to be considered. S Cahloun is a sneaky good olb who I like but to me he is a 3rd rounder and would look to grab him there.
    To me DL looks like an area where we could get a little lucky if someone slides.
    Thoughts on day 2?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd gamble on Jack. I'm hoping one of those NT's slide to us, but kinda doubt it at this point. I'm thinking we'll either end up with a safety or the top rated defensive lineman.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think you have to go best Safety in Round 2 and like was said hope for Def Line to be there for picks 3 and 4.

The wildcard could be an Edge rusher to prepare for life after Jarvis

I think this is now the second or third draft in a row where Nose Tackle are sinking like anchors. Maybe now some on the board here can realize the game has changed and the days of Casey Hampton are gone forever. How about we all agree next year to not talk about "run stuffing" Nose tackles in Round 1. Ain't happening cause they ain't worth it.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 04-29-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

If Billings, Reed or Robinson (like him in the second much more than the first) are there, I think you take one of those guys. I'd also consider Hargrave.

Colbert did not rule out a double dip at corner, and if a guy like Fuller was there, you'd have to consider him. The other position I'd consider is safety, unless Myles Jack is still there. I bet Jack is off the board with the first pick tonight, but if he is there, you grab him. Even if he only lasts a few years, a few exceptional years is worth it in the second.

I'd also consider an edge rusher, particularly if Spence is there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sticking with my picks of Green and Hargrave for rounds 2 and 3.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm sticking with my picks of Green and Hargrave for rounds 2 and 3.
    I'd be happy with that
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

What if Alexander is still there at the end of round 2?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

safety round 2
    dl round 3
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    What if Alexander is still there at the end of round 2?
    I hear he is a locker cancer, but I would take him. But would start calling around who wants to trade up for him!
    Last edited by steeler_george; 04-29-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

OLB and DL
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"