Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shawn's Totally Homer Final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    You are probably right about Kessler but I think he is a guy who could be a solid #2 clock manager type. Now, if the Steelers wanted to take a real chance here I would love to see them try to develop Cardele Jones-QB OSU. Jones has his issues, is crazy raw. But, let me say from a measurable perspective he is the strongest QB in the draft. From day 1 he has the strongest arm in the NFL...guy can throw 60-70 yard bombs, and is near impossible to bring down. Did you see him punish Alabama running the ball? It was so funny watching him run over top guys and them not wanting to tackle him. He is a classic high risk/high reward guy. I would compare him to a mix of Cutler and Culpepper. Takes too many chances, doesn't always see the field but has enough arm to get away with throws no one else can make. He is as tough as Culpepper was to bring down. I think if you groom him for 2-3 seasons behind Ben you could have a quality NFL starter.
    Should have had him in your mock Shawn.
    Would have taken that shameless "homerism" to the next level!!!

BTW I too thought about Jones at about the 4th as a possible long term project to replace Ben. It kind of is a perfect fit. Raw, but learning from a QB with similar tools. Frankly, I think it is so perfect that the only thing that prevents it is if he is gone which I think is likely despite the high risk factor. Potential upside makes an early third round pick very possible in my opinion
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-28-2016 at 10:31 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Also, if we are able to get a CB/S/DT with our top 3 picks, I think our brass would look long and hard at Cardale Jones if he's still available at 4.123. He's a longer term project, but we still have Ben for several more years and he's built like Ben, so that would be a heck of a mentor for him to learn from.
    This would make me very excited.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Another good thing with drafting Apple and Bell:

If effective communication is a problem in our secondary, why not take guys who have been communicating on field already?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's easy to make a totally home Buckeye mock draft when they have 5 guys who will likely come off the board tonight (Elliott, Bosa, Decker, Lee, and Apple) and another 8 who have a chance to come off the board tomorrow (Bell, Thomas, Miller, Perry, Vannett, Jones, Washington, and Powell).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just move the Steelers to Columbus, OH and be done with it
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Should have had him in your mock Shawn.
    Would have taken that shameless "homerism" to the next level!!!

(BTW I too thought about Jones at about the 4th as a possible long term project to replace Ben. It kind of is a perfect fit. Raw, but learning from a QB with similar tools).
    Yes, indeed. Not sure why I bulked.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Just move the Steelers to Columbus, OH and be done with it
    I was thinking more along the lines of a shuttle bus, to ferry players from Columbus directly to Pittsburgh....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    I'm a Buckeyes fan, but I believe Apple is the wrong fit for our style of D. Playing in space in is not Apple's game. I bet Colbert passes if Apple is still there.

I agree and said before. He is a physical, Big 10 corner and that doesn't translate to the NFL where you can't sniff on the WRs without the risk of an interference call. Look how Gilbert has struggled in Cleveland. My fear is Apple would be the same. Get a good zone cover corner, or two, in Rounds 2-4. Get someone who can put the QB on his back in Round 1.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Another good thing with drafting Apple and Bell:

If effective communication is a problem in our secondary, why not take guys who have been communicating on field already?
    I think it's ideal. Two guys who have played together, who have won big games together.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In my best Mel Kiper voice "Shawn Shawn Shawn how do you not get Powell in there somehow?" Tyvis would make a nice late rounder and a FS who could back up Mitchell. Don't get me wrong I think Bell is a solid safety and I could see him as either a FS or SS. I start Bell in the box and let him walk out to slot coverage where he is rock solid.
    If it broke the way Shawn has laid it out I'd sign up for it all day.