Thread: Bud Dupree thought James Harrison was a coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Bud Dupree thought James Harrison was a coach

Over the course of his career, James Harrison has been called a lot of things.

Now, thanks to Bud Dupree, you can add coach to that list.

In a recent interview, Dupree talked about how he thought Harrison was one of his coaches shortly after being drafted by the Steelers last year.

"I'll never forget when Deebo called me, I thought he was a coach," Dupree said. "He was like, 'You ready to work? Because we ain't gonna stop 'till we get a Lombardi Trophy. You with it?' I was like, 'Yeah, I'm with it.' He was like, 'Aight, we gonna start working right now, see you when you get here.' I said 'Yes sir.'"

Harrison's attitude shows why he's racked up a Hall of Fame caliber career. After being cut several times, Harrison finally stuck with the Steelers in 2004, and in 2007, began a run of five consecutive Pro Bowl selections while also being named an All-Pro three times as well as being selected as the 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year. More importantly, Harrison's play helped Pittsburgh win two Super Bowls and three AFC titles during that span, as Harrison's 100-yard interception return in Super Bowl XLIII is regarded as one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

While he is not the player he once was, Harrison is still an effective pass rusher and, more importantly, is a model veteran that exemplifies what being a Pittsburgh Steeler is all about. He's carried on the tradition of championship Steelers' linebackers, and is trying to pass on that tradition to Dupree and the rest of Pittsburgh's young linebackers before he hangs up his cleats for good.

[url]http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-LB-Bud-Dupree-thought-James-Harrison-was-a-coach-45023334[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Strength and conditioning coach.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

When I think of Deebo... i think of Broncos RB's getting absolutely blown up in the playoff game. He's still a monster. Hoping he comes back this year. Still a man among boys.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Deebo... work ethics is off the chart and shows on the field....This guys adds
    to our chances to win every week no matter how old....
    will also love it if he is a future coach for the Steelers....

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought he was done years ago...glad I was wrong. Leadership does matter and he has it in spades. There is leadership by voice and leadership by example, Harrsion shows both.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

lmao, no introduction, just work!!!
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"