Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Brady's Suspension Reinstated!

Legend

User Info Menu

He was already a cheater for life, now he's just a cheater [squared].
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    all the guy had to do was say he told the ball boys to set them right at the lowest allowable PSI and they must have made a mistake and let too much out.......50K and nothing is said ever again about it. now he goes down as a cheater for life
    I think you have a good point here.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Destroying the phone is what ultimately sealed his fate. It was like shoving his middle finger right in Godell's face. Suspension might have been reduced or cancelled otherwise. Now Cryin' Tommy has got to eat it.

No tears from me. Everyone (except for those homer-blind NE fans) knows he has gotten away with all kinds of cheating over the years. I still believe there should have been a full investigation made into the SpyGate allegations, which would, I think, have shown at least two of his Super Bowl "wins" to be illegitimate.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

When they mold his 'head' for the HOF it will be a big *​ with shoulders....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Destroying the phone is what ultimately sealed his fate. It was like shoving his middle finger right in Godell's face. Suspension might have been reduced or cancelled otherwise. Now Cryin' Tommy has got to eat it.

No tears from me. Everyone (except for those homer-blind NE fans) knows he has gotten away with all kinds of cheating over the years. I still believe there should have been a full investigation made into the SpyGate allegations, which would, I think, have shown at least two of his Super Bowl "wins" to be illegitimate.
    It's the old Nixon thing - the cover up was worse than the crime.

Legend

User Info Menu

DeAngelo Williams: Brady suspension doesn’t affect Steelers
    Posted by Josh Alper on July 20, 2016, 7:23 AM EDT

One of the many talking points that has accompanied speculation about what Tom Brady’s suspension will mean for the Patriots has been the possibility that the quarterback’s absence for the first month of the season will be a good thing for other teams in the AFC.

That wasn’t Las Vegas’ reaction to last week’s news that Brady has dropped his fight against the suspension and it isn’t the reaction of Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams. While Williams feels “everybody has their problems and I am glad they have theirs,” he doesn’t think there’s any correlation between Patriot problems and his club’s chances of success.

“I don’t know why everybody thinks that affects us,” Williams said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We don’t care. You think Big Ben [Roethlisberger] wants to beat a Brady-less team? That proves nothing to him.”

The good news for Roethlisberger is that he won’t be facing a Brady-less team unless the Patriots quarterback is removed from the lineup between his Week Five return and their Week Seven game in Pittsburgh. Winning that game would likely boost Pittsburgh’s playoff hopes, which Williams is right to suggest are tied more strongly to several other factors than they are to Brady’s early season absence.

While one could see why a team in the AFC East might see its playoff prospects improve with Brady missing a quarter of the season, the Steelers have their own division to worry about and their hopes of winning a Wild Card or home-field edge over the Patriots will be benefitted the most by their own play over the course of the year.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/20/deangelo-williams-brady-suspension-doesnt-affect-steelers/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    DeAngelo Williams: Brady suspension doesn’t affect Steelers
    Posted by Josh Alper on July 20, 2016, 7:23 AM EDT

One of the many talking points that has accompanied speculation about what Tom Brady’s suspension will mean for the Patriots has been the possibility that the quarterback’s absence for the first month of the season will be a good thing for other teams in the AFC.

That wasn’t Las Vegas’ reaction to last week’s news that Brady has dropped his fight against the suspension and it isn’t the reaction of Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams. While Williams feels “everybody has their problems and I am glad they have theirs,” he doesn’t think there’s any correlation between Patriot problems and his club’s chances of success.

“I don’t know why everybody thinks that affects us,” Williams said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “We don’t care. You think Big Ben [Roethlisberger] wants to beat a Brady-less team? That proves nothing to him.”

The good news for Roethlisberger is that he won’t be facing a Brady-less team unless the Patriots quarterback is removed from the lineup between his Week Five return and their Week Seven game in Pittsburgh. Winning that game would likely boost Pittsburgh’s playoff hopes, which Williams is right to suggest are tied more strongly to several other factors than they are to Brady’s early season absence.

While one could see why a team in the AFC East might see its playoff prospects improve with Brady missing a quarter of the season, the Steelers have their own division to worry about and their hopes of winning a Wild Card or home-field edge over the Patriots will be benefitted the most by their own play over the course of the year.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/20/deangelo-williams-brady-suspension-doesnt-affect-steelers/[/URL]
    I think the NE still wins the East. The rest of the division sucks and they've shown in the past that the system is strong enough to win with a scrub at QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

:l ol:
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

:l ol:

You have no idea how happy this made me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    You have no idea how happy this made me.
    LOL, I am very proud to have contributed to your happiness. That doesn't happy very often for me.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION