Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: who are we going to draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman is thinking... Billings or Jarran Reed at #25. Why? Because the drop-off from the 1st Tier DL to 2nd Tier DL is quite abrupt. Don't get Chadman wrong- there are going to be GOOD DL available in Round 2 & 3, but the top tier guys are REALLY good.

That same drop isn't as evident at CB & Safety.

So, Billings or Reed.

Also, thinking that the "Golson is like a bonus pick" talk might imply that they are choosing a CB called... Golson.

Safety in Round 2- Cash, Thompson or Vonn Bell if he falls there. 3 contacts with Jeremy Cash. They like him.

3rd Round could bring in a CB- either Ryan Smith or Cyrus Jones if they value ST returns immediately, or Harlan Miller if they want a physical CB. Chadman's bet- Miller fits with so many shorter CB's on the roster already.

The 4th Round might be where the team looks offensively- either at WR, QB or OT. That WR from Clemson- Peake- if he is there, could be interesting.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trade down with Denver- hey, it's in the news already and Colbert mentioned they would consider a trade down.... At 31- the playmaking Karl Joseph from WV.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Trade down with Denver- hey, it's in the news already and Colbert mentioned they would consider a trade down.... At 31- the playmaking Karl Joseph from WV.
    Trade value chart:

1.25 = 720 points

1.31 = 600 points
    3.94 = 124 points

600 + 124 = 724.

Just sayin'.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    In the 8 man mock draft that Ike Taylor did on NFL Network this weekend with Charlie Casserly, Steve Marriucci, Michael Irvin, Maurice Jones-Drew, and others...at #25 both Eli Apple and William Jackson III were available...and Ike chose Andrew Billings for the Steelers.
    I would Billings there too. I don't feel a CB at #25 gets on the field any faster than say Fuller or Burns. I think Billings is a plug & play.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Trade value chart:

1.25 = 720 points

1.31 = 600 points
    3.94 = 124 points

600 + 124 = 724.

Just sayin'.
    Yes, I like this. Dream draft:

1(31) K. Joseph-SS. W. Allen gone, Shamarko needs to be gone. Like Golden, but...
    2(5 K. Fuller-CB. Falls this far because of the injury. 1st Round talent but will he be healthy enough to play in 2016? (maybe the second half of the season?) No other CB is really worth #58 unless someone else really drops.
    3(89) D.J. Reader-DL. Guy is sneaky-good and sneaky-athletic for a guy so big. Can handle the run and pop outside as a DE.
    3(94) J. Simmons-FS. See above post on Joseph. Our starting safeties in 2017.
    4(123) M. Ioannidis-DE. Motor--will be able to spell the DE's for 10-20 snaps per game (will last year's L. Walton challenge???)
    6(???) K. Maggitt-OLB. If he stays healthy, a very good could challenge)pass rusher with a motor. (Chickillo could challenge)
    7(???) D. Braverman-WR. If he gets his head back on, Bryant will be back next year and Wheaton will be gone. This guy can replace Wheaton and help in the return game (or at least field punts cleanly).
    7(???) N. Kwiatkowski-ILB. Has nice coverage skills for a LB (once a safety).

Heavy on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Yes, I like this. Dream draft:

1(31) K. Joseph-SS. W. Allen gone, Shamarko needs to be gone. Like Golden, but...
    2(5 K. Fuller-CB. Falls this far because of the injury. 1st Round talent but will he be healthy enough to play in 2016? (maybe the second half of the season?) No other CB is really worth #58 unless someone else really drops.
    3(89) D.J. Reader-DL. Guy is sneaky-good and sneaky-athletic for a guy so big. Can handle the run and pop outside as a DE.
    3(94) J. Simmons-FS. See above post on Joseph. Our starting safeties in 2017.
    4(123) M. Ioannidis-DE. Motor--will be able to spell the DE's for 10-20 snaps per game (will last year's L. Walton challenge???)
    6(???) K. Maggitt-OLB. If he stays healthy, a very good could challenge)pass rusher with a motor. (Chickillo could challenge)
    7(???) D. Braverman-WR. If he gets his head back on, Bryant will be back next year and Wheaton will be gone. This guy can replace Wheaton and help in the return game (or at least field punts cleanly).
    7(???) N. Kwiatkowski-ILB. Has nice coverage skills for a LB (once a safety).

Heavy on D.
    I would like to see a Sterling Shepard WR from Oklahoma possibly in the mix somewhere in the 3rd round???? Maybe with one of those 3rd rounders if we trade down. He may last until round 3.
    Last edited by pfelix73; 04-26-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I would like to see a Sterling Shepard WR from Oklahoma possibly in the mix somewhere in the 3rd round???? Maybe with one of those 3rd rounders if we trade down. He may last until round 3.
    How bout...

1.31 S Karl Joseph
    2.58 DT Austin Johnson
    3.89 WR Sterling Shepard
    3.94 CB Cyrus Jones
    4.123 LB Jaylon Smith
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All the people touting Billings: Nolan Nawrocki's guide labels him basically as a Casey Hampton-type (i.e. dominant run stuffer, not much else). I'm assuming you think he is much more than that. Any comparisons, or someone you envision when you see him?
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    All the people touting Billings: Nolan Nawrocki's guide labels him basically as a Casey Hampton-type (i.e. dominant run stuffer, not much else). I'm assuming you think he is much more than that. Any comparisons, or someone you envision when you see him?
    Not going to pretend that Chadman is some kind of scout, but Billings sure makes a whole lot of plays in the backfield for a guy that can't rush the passer.

Watching clips on him- Chadman thought you can't block him consistantly 1 v 1. Then, watching him play NT against WVU Chadman noticed you can't block him 2 v 1 very well either.

Obviously there will be holes in his game, otherwise we are talking a top 5 pick. But he looks like he holds the line very well in run support & certainly offers some pocket collapsing ability from both 3 & 4 man fronts. Interesting watching him make plays in the backfield after rolling out behind the DE & still having the closing ability to get to the QB.

You could pretty much pencil him in as a positional rotational player from the start at NT with McCullers, while certainly using him in the packages to spell Tuitt & Heyward.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I'm fairly certain William Jackson III will be the 1st round pick. The whole coaching staff and G.M. flew to see him. CB is their biggest need. If I was G.M. I would take Connor Cook in the 2nd because we absolutely have to have a better plan for when Ben gets injured. I doubt he's there for our second pick so here's my prediction/what I'm hoping for:

1. William Jackson III CB HOU (my 2nd rated CB)
    2. Su'A Cravens OLB USC (we get our pass rushing OLB)
    3. Javon Hargrave DT SC St. (shore up D line which becomes a strength)
    4. DeAndre Huston-Carson S William & Mary (Tomlin will not be able to resist and he's our best S day one)
    6. Kyle Murphy OT Stanford (versatile at both T spots and eventual RT)
    7. Jaydon Mickens WR WASH (Colbert finds another late round gem who will be our starting slot receiver)
    7. Keith Marshall RB Georgia (huge upside, great athlete, and doesn't need to play right away but can if called upon. Really hope he's still there)