Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: who are we going to draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

who are we going to draft?

there seems to be less info out on who we are targeting this year compared to other years.
    unless some info comes out the next few days, it seems as tho the steelers arent tipping their hand this year.
    i like it
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't know if the Steelers are being more secretive of there is so much uncertainty about what other teams are going to do. There have already been two big trades and a suprise free agent(Norman) hitting the market.Whatever the reason,you are right in that there are less rumors about what the Steelers plan to do.

Starter

User Info Menu

Been a Billings lobbyist for a while.

But if he isn't available, take Alexander if he falls.

After these two, take Cravens. I believe Cravens will get slotted a lot higher once analysts conduct a draft do-over near the middle/end of the 2016 season.
    It will look like a reach at first, but will turn into shear genius when all is said and done.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Still don't see a CB in 1st. I'm thinking Billings or pass rusher will be highest grade left.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Billings or Fuller in the 1st would satisfy my palate.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

It wouldn't shock me to see a safety in the first - not that I'd want the Steelers to go that way, but I could see that. Especially if they trade down a few slots with Denver as many have speculated.

If they stay put, I think there is a good chance they grab a defensive lineman. I don't particularly like any of the corners from a value perspective.

One guy who could also be interesting is Noah Spence. I'm not sure that I'd want them to go that way, but if his character checks out, he could be a nice add.

Starter

User Info Menu

Thursday night could really be interesting.Sam Bradford announced he wants traded and will not attend any off season workouts.NFL Network said the Jags could trade out of the 5 pick,Tennessee might want to move back into the top 10,Cleveland could move further back,and where Lynch goes. Shaping up to be must see TV

Legend

User Info Menu

Since this is the first time I didn't consider a TE in the first round for the Steelers, I bet they go with Hunter Henry. He legit could be the best player on the board when we pick. It wouldn't hurt going for a complete TE in the mold of Heath Miller.

I've always liked the idea of having 2 TEs in the redzone that are legit receiving threats. And with Martavis Bryant's off field issues, why not get another big body to help the running game, open up the passing game, and slow down the pass rush? There's so much versatility in a 2 TE set if you have 2 legit playmakers that can block and run routes.

This could be the kind of move you make to give the Offense the potential to dominate for the remainder of Ben's career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Since this is the first time I didn't consider a TE in the first round for the Steelers, I bet they go with Hunter Henry. He legit could be the best player on the board when we pick. It wouldn't hurt going for a complete TE in the mold of Heath Miller.

I've always liked the idea of having 2 TEs in the redzone that are legit receiving threats. And with Martavis Bryant's off field issues, why not get another big body to help the running game, open up the passing game, and slow down the pass rush? There's so much versatility in a 2 TE set if you have 2 legit playmakers that can block and run routes.

This could be the kind of move you make to give the Offense the potential to dominate for the remainder of Ben's career.
    I would be upset if this was the pick
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    Thursday night could really be interesting.Sam Bradford announced he wants traded and will not attend any off season workouts.NFL Network said the Jags could trade out of the 5 pick,Tennessee might want to move back into the top 10,Cleveland could move further back,and where Lynch goes. Shaping up to be must see TV
    I could see Bradford being traded to the Jets or Broncos for a 3rd or a 4th (Philly does not have a 2nd or 4th round pick in this draft anymore following their trades). With the Eagles already paying him his signing bonus money, the remaining base salaries should be somewhat palatable to his new team.

I could easily see Tennessee trading back up into the top 5 to take Laremy Tunsil, who they would have likely taken at #1 if they stayed put anyway. LA: Goff (I prefer Wentz, but the Rams apparently like Goff better), PHI: Wentz (they get whichever QB isn't a Ram), SD: Ramsey (to replace Weddle), DAL: Bosa (Greg Hardy is gone and Randy Gregory/Demarcus Lawrence are both suspended for the first 4 games, so their biggest need is a pass rusher). I expected the Jags to then take Myles Jack, but recent reports about his knee might push him out of the top 10. Tennessee would need to get ahead of Baltimore to get Tunsil, so 1.5 = 1700 points and 1.15 + 2.45 + 3.76 = 1710 points. This move would give the Titans Tunsil, plus they would still have two second round picks and a third round pick, plus they extra 1st and 3rd next year. That would be a coup for them. And then Jacksonville could move down to the middle of the first round (where they could possibly get a Leonard Floyd or Shaq Lawson or Darren Lee), and then have two picks each in round 2 and round 3...awesome for them as well. And Baltimore wouldn't get Tunsil, which works for me.

Finally I could see the Dolphins giving the Browns their 2nd round pick to move back to their original draft position at #8 to get Ezekiel Elliott, since they lost their starting RB in free agency and then tried unsuccessfully to sign multiple RB's in free agency.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.