Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ranking last 20 drafts: Steelers No. 1, Eagles 8th, Ravens 4th

Legend

User Info Menu

Alan Faneca?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Always a combination of the two...best player available at a position of need.
    as opposed to taking the 3rd bpa at the position of need...
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Any system that ranks Eli Manning and Philip Rivers as the most useless has gotta be taken with a bushel of salt.
    theyre only useless to the team that drafted them {phillip rivers drafted by NY Giants)
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    as opposed to taking the 3rd bpa at the position of need...
    ...cough...Troy Edwards...cough, cough...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

...cough...Troy Edwards...cough, cough...
    That one still stings...we passed on Javon Kearse because Kevin f'ing Gilbride needed a WR..
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That one still stings...we passed on Javon Kearse because Kevin f'ing Gilbride needed a WR..
    I wouldn't have complained with taking OT John Tait there either. That year, I wanted one of the top 2 wideouts early, but then I saw a dropoff at the WR position...I liked Torry Holt (Woo Hoo!) and David Boston (D'Oh!) that year, but Edwards wasn't on my radar that high. He was only an option for us in a trade back scenario. Huge reach for need. Oh well...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i thought the steelers never drafted for need and always took BPA
    It's not hard to argue that Jones would be BPA if you place a higher weight on college performance over combine results.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Exactly why we shouldn't reach for a CB out of perceived need. CB has a real mixed success rate recently in Round 1. Go DL or OL for more of a solid outcome.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Exactly why we shouldn't reach for a CB out of perceived need. CB has a real mixed success rate recently in Round 1. Go DL or OL for more of a solid outcome.
    Most draft pundits have Eli Apple and William Jackson III ranked ahead of Vernon Butler, though. Apple and Jackson seem to have solid first round grades by the vast majority, while Butler is a borderline late-first, early second type of prospect by most. Doesn't seem like a CB pick would be a reach in this case.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Most draft pundits have Eli Apple and William Jackson III ranked ahead of Vernon Butler, though. Apple and Jackson seem to have solid first round grades by the vast majority, while Butler is a borderline late-first, early second type of prospect by most. Doesn't seem like a CB pick would be a reach in this case.
    Exactly. Pick 25 is right around where most pundits have Eli Apple slotted in this draft...nobody had Troy Edwards in the middle of the first round in 1999...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.