Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The day the Browns passed on Big Ben

Legend

User Info Menu

The day the Browns passed on Big Ben

[url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben[/url]

pretty good read.

Amazing how the Browns flew their WR's to Miami of Ohio and ran every route on the tree and Ben hit them in stride on a cold and rainy day and they STILL passed on Ben.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, they passed on another potential QB of the future today by trading down from 2nd overall to 8th overall.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They could still take Paxson with the 8th and gain picks. Seems like the best case IMO.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sold on the QB's this year but you never know. The kid from N. Dakota wins a ton.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    They could still take Paxson with the 8th and gain picks. Seems like the best case IMO.
    After the top 2 QB's come off the board with the first 2 picks, the next 6 guys (in some order) should be Jalen Ramsey, Laremy Tunsil, DeForest Buckner, Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, and Myles Jack. At least one of those guys has to fall to Cleveland at #8, so they will likely take one of those guys (unless they really like Vernon Hargreaves or Ronnie Stanley instead).

They could still trade down again, of course, which is the only way I see them taking Lynch (I think Connor Cook to the Browns at #32 is more likely).

Say the Chargers take Tunsil, the Cowboys take Ramsey, the Jaguars take Jack, the Ravens take Bosa, and Niners take Buckner. Will Cleveland draft Elliott or trade down with Miami for the 13th pick and obtain another 2nd round pick in the process?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not sold on the QB's this year but you never know. The kid from N. Dakota wins a ton.
    I really like Carson Wentz as a prospect. I think he's best QB to come out since Luck (I like him more coming out than Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Bridgewater, and Carr). Glad he has zero chance of going to an AFC North rival now.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15232563/the-day-browns-passed-big-ben[/URL]

pretty good read.

Amazing how the Browns flew their WR's to Miami of Ohio and ran every route on the tree and Ben hit them in stride on a cold and rainy day and they STILL passed on Ben.
    That's why they are the Browns.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After the top 2 QB's come off the board with the first 2 picks, the next 6 guys (in some order) should be Jalen Ramsey, Laremy Tunsil, DeForest Buckner, Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, and Myles Jack. At least one of those guys has to fall to Cleveland at #8, so they will likely take one of those guys (unless they really like Vernon Hargreaves or Ronnie Stanley instead).

They could still trade down again, of course, which is the only way I see them taking Lynch (I think Connor Cook to the Browns at #32 is more likely).

Say the Chargers take Tunsil, the Cowboys take Ramsey, the Jaguars take Jack, the Ravens take Bosa, and Niners take Buckner. Will Cleveland draft Elliott or trade down with Miami for the 13th pick and obtain another 2nd round pick in the process?

I thought I read somewhere that Bosa would hold out if the ravens drafted him.

Still think the ravens would take him with that kind of threat looming???

I think they would take Buckner, who I think is a better prospect anyway.

Starter

User Info Menu

And I could definitely see Cleveland taking Elliott.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    And I could definitely see Cleveland taking Elliott.
    I could see the Dolphins offering the Browns their second round pick to move up from 13 to 8 (their original draft position before the Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso trade) to get Elliott since they tried to sign every RB under the sun in free agency but came up empty handed.