Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stefan Wisniewski

Legend

User Info Menu

Stefan Wisniewski

Steelers had him in for a visit...several years under his belt as a starting center for the Raiders and Jags.

Looks as though Colbert and Tomlin may be thinking about an upgrade from Cody the nutgrabber.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't even realize he was a free agent...Pittsburgh native and Penn State alum with NFL bloodlines...very surprised he's still somehow on the market. I'd imagine he wants a starting gig, though. I'd be ecstatic if he did sign here, but I won't be holding my breath.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Steelers had him in for a visit...several years under his belt as a starting center for the Raiders and Jags.

Looks as though Colbert and Tomlin may be thinking about an upgrade from Cody the nutgrabber.
    perhaps. they may also be thinking we need as many options at center as possible.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Not saying this is why or they should. But this kid probably would cost less than half of what Pouncey makes. Maybe to not his fault but the Steelers are tired of seeing Pouncey in sweats and the Oline getting better. Thinking they know Decastro will need paid. That is alot of money tied up on the side of the line between Pouncey ,Decastro and Gilbert. Maybe this is just as good player at a better price who I think is bout similiar age to Pouncey . Like mentioned above think this kid is looking to play not be a back up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

That is insanity. In his first three seasons, he started 45 of a possible 48 games. In his fourth year, DeCastro took out his knee. In his fifth year, he started 16 out of a possible 16 games. Pouncey is not injury prone, but he has been unlucky with people diving at his knees and lower legs. In the seasons where people did not jump on his legs, he was All-Pro four times: First team twice and second team twice.

Now, if there is a possibility that Pouncey will start the year on the PUP list, this definitely makes sense.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Not saying this is why or they should. But this kid probably would cost less than half of what Pouncey makes. Maybe to not his fault but the Steelers are tired of seeing Pouncey in sweats and the Oline getting better. Thinking they know Decastro will need paid. That is alot of money tied up on the side of the line between Pouncey ,Decastro and Gilbert. Maybe this is just as good player at a better price who I think is bout similiar age to Pouncey . Like mentioned above think this kid is looking to play not be a back up.
    I said from day one that Pouncey should not have gotten his big deal (hear that Squidboy, real fans DONT just agree with everything the team does). Nevermind just the injuries. He is "good" but not as "great" as his reputation. We have had to replace him several times with journeyman centers and the offense looks fine without him. Nevertheless at this point, I don't think we can dump him and not get a big cap hit so I doubt the goal is to replace him.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I know Pouncey is great at"making plays downfield", but when it comes to pass pro, how great is he?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Possible Pouncey trade shaping up??????

Don't think so but maybe they are eyeing a CB

Just another crazy off season thought
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Curious what the brass would be thinking on this... Are they looking for a replacement for Cody Wallace, or are they considering making a move on Pouncey? Replacing Wallace is great, because he makes too many mistakes. But I doubt a career starter like Wis Jr., would pursue an obvious back-up role. A move on Pouncey is interesting. If we could trade him, we'd save some dough AND I would still say it isn't a bad idea. Not to say Pouncey is injury-prone or anything... but he has accumulated lots of injuries. Those add up, and probably affect his future going forward.

The other issue is in our OL investments. Decastro is big-money. Gilbert will be big-money in a couple years. Hopefully AV will turn into a similar level player (to Gilbert). I don't know if we want to pay that much money plus Pouncey.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I didn't even realize he was a free agent...Pittsburgh native and Penn State alum with NFL bloodlines...very surprised he's still somehow on the market. I'd imagine he wants a starting gig, though. I'd be ecstatic if he did sign here, but I won't be holding my breath.

Free agent??? I thought that guy retired a during Obama's first term!!?? 0.o
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!