Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Year long suspension!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "Hey, this guy has a drug and alcohol problem. We know that because we spent money and time investigating his urine. What should we do?"

"Well, does the drug and alcohol problem affect his job in some way?"

"Not in any way whatsoever."

"This is simple. Fire him and prevent him from earning a living. That should help him fix the problem that doesn't matter to begin with."
    Yup,then they will say he's depressed and pump him full of prescription drugs,hey Big Pharma gotta make money too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Rehab for marijuana, what a FN joke.
    How about some self control?
    Fits in with todays society i guess.
    Probably name a disease after it like they do for other addictions.

lets give his agent some credit here. using the possible depression excuse looks pretty good. colbert doesnt seem to buy it either
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Statement By Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert on Martavis Bryant

"We are very disappointed that Martavis Bryant has put himself in this current situation of being suspended by the League. He is at a crossroads of his professional life, and he needs to understand significant changes need to occur in his personal life if he wants to regain his career as a Pittsburgh Steeler. We are hopeful that Martavis will take the necessary steps to develop the discipline in his personal life to become a successful player and a good teammate."

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/GM-Kevin-Colbert-on-Martavis-Bryant/5f6f8a48-97d8-40dd-a0f5-7d82746d2b5d[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I realize that it is not a lot money in the grand scheme of things, but since Martavis has now officially been suspended for a year without pay, I'm assuming that we get back his $709,805 cap number for 2016, right?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "Hey, this guy has a drug and alcohol problem. We know that because we spent money and time investigating his urine. What should we do?"

"Well, does the drug and alcohol problem affect his job in some way?"

"Not in any way whatsoever."

"This is simple. Fire him and prevent him from earning a living. That should help him fix the problem that doesn't matter to begin with."
    Sounds like my job too but rules are rules so I obey them so I can still make a living.

Starter

User Info Menu

Bryant said he now doesn't plan to appeal his suspension.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Sounds like my job too but rules are rules so I obey them so I can still make a living.
    In other words you act like an adult and a good citizen. It really isn't hard is it?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Pittsburgh Steelers trying to reach Martavis Bryant one last time

4:03 PM ET
    Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Pittsburgh Steelers might not be done with Martavis Bryant, but this isn't a team that wants to babysit him for much longer.

General manager Kevin Colbert on Monday issued a statement that got straight to the core of things:

"We are very disappointed that Martavis Bryant has put himself in this current situation of being suspended by the League. He is at a crossroads of his professional life, and he needs to understand significant changes need to occur in his personal life if he wants to regain his career as a Pittsburgh Steeler. We are hopeful that Martavis will take the necessary steps to develop the discipline in his personal life to become a successful player and a good teammate."

There's only so much a team can say in this situation. The team probably won't cut him right now. They can place him on reserve/suspended for 2016, and they'll own his rookie-deal rights for two years after that. When it comes to the on-field product, Bryant is cheap ($600,000 salary) and talented (17 touchdowns in 23 games including playoffs). It still makes sense to keep him, at least for now.

But Colbert is making clear Bryant will get one last life raft. Key word here: Regain. Sounds like Bryant has things to prove just for the chance to earn back a spot.

The earliest Bryant can present himself to the Steelers is 2017. The league mandates that a player can't apply for reinstatement until the final 60 days from when the suspension was issued.

Bryant can turn the corner on defenders, but this is one situation he can't outrun without the proper adjustments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    In other words you act like an adult and a good citizen. It really isn't hard is it?
    For some people it is, unfortunately, they're the ones we typically hear about on the news or read about on the internet. Robert Fulgham wrote a book entitled 'Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten', it takes about an hour and half to read, but provides enough wisdom to be successful in life, these guys should read the book.

Pappy

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    For some people it is, unfortunately, they're the ones we typically hear about on the news or read about on the internet. Robert Fulgham wrote a book entitled 'Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten', it takes about an hour and half to read, but provides enough wisdom to be successful in life, these guys should read the book.

Pappy
    especially young adults who get paid insane amounts of money to play a game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"