Thread: Sean Spence visits the Dolphins

Legend

User Info Menu

Sean Spence visits the Dolphins

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/11/sean-spence-visits-the-dolphins/[/URL]

Sean Spence visits the Dolphins

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2016, 7:44 PM EST

Free agent linebacker Sean Spence is visiting Miami.

A league source tells PFT that Spence has a meeting with the Dolphins tonight.

A 2012 third-round pick of the Steelers, Spence missed his first two seasons in the NFL with injuries. But he played well in both 2014 and 2015 and at age 25 may have the best years of his career ahead of him.

Spence is the No. 99 player on our Free Agent Hot 100.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmm. He has talent. He is replacable.

This could turn into a thread like the one on Foster.

Ovi?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I guess the concern I have is health issues we've seen at that position over the last 2 seasons. He has filled in well when needed.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Would love to see Sean Spence stay. Been rooting for the kid ever since he suffered that nasty injury his rookie year. Wasn't even supposed to walk again. Great character with tremendous work ethic..and is a talented LB. I wish him good health wherever he ends up. He's one of my favorite steelers on the roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah, I think Spence can be a starter in this league, just not on our team right now. Spence is a better Jerry Olsavsky--these guys have an overachieving mentality and are just football playing dudes.

BTW, whatever happened with Jordan Zumwalt? I know he got cut (partly due to another injury). I don't remember seeing him picked up, and I thought (even though he was cut) that the door was still sort-of left open for him with the Steelers.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Didnt Spence play at the U? I bet he never steps foot in PA again...lol
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

I think Spence knows he can start. And he deserves a true starters shot. So, he will be gone. The Steeler s must bring Garvin back then imo. They can't loose both these guys. It will hurt packages and ST quite a bit

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yeah, I think Spence can be a starter in this league, just not on our team right now. Spence is a better Jerry Olsavsky--these guys have an overachieving mentality and are just football playing dudes.

BTW, whatever happened with Jordan Zumwalt? I know he got cut (partly due to another injury). I don't remember seeing him picked up, and I thought (even though he was cut) that the door was still sort-of left open for him with the Steelers.
    Found the answer to my question. Looks like Zumwalt is still around.

[URL]http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/mike-tomlin-joked-jordan-zumwalt-money-pit/[/URL]
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dreegking View Post
    I think Spence knows he can start. And he deserves a true starters shot. So, he will be gone. The Steeler s must bring Garvin back then imo. They can't loose both these guys. It will hurt packages and ST quite a bit
    Not a player in the league who doesn't think they should be THE starter
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!